GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you who have been waiting patiently for your Brake Lights to ship, you should have gotten a shipping notification now. The harnesses are completed. Tom did some tweeks to them and upgraded some of the connectors (hey better is always a good thing right). Sorry bout that little delay, but we should be back on track now.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The connector on the harness was changed to something that fits the OEM connector I believe is what Tom told me.

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have been waiting patiently for your Brake Lights to ship, you should have gotten a shipping notification now. The harnesses are completed. Tom did some tweeks to them and upgraded some of the connectors (hey better is always a good thing right). Sorry bout that little delay, but we should be back on track now.

I just got mine in yesterday from UPS.
Starting install shortly.

Looks pretty amazing.....i'll make sure to post up a couple pics.

Thanks again 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question about the wire harness I figured I would ask here before I call Keith. On the lvj harness there is 3 connectors for the lights. I got the y harness to run both ambers on one switch. With that configuration I will have one unused prong? Also where does the wire that has the red splice go?

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
I have a question about the wire harness I figured I would ask here before I call Keith. On the lvj harness there is 3 connectors for the lights. I got the y harness to run both ambers on one switch. With that configuration I will have one unused prong? Also where does the wire that has the red splice go?

I bought the strobe harness so it is a little different but I also bought the Y harness thinking I would need it to connect both ambers up to one up fitter. I didn't need it in the end.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

What do you mean by an unused "prong" ???

There are 2 wires (3 if you count a ground) that go from the back of the GJ Motorsports kit all the way up to your passenger footwell (where the upfitter pass through wires are). These wires are part of the basic harness.

1 wire for each light (2 wires, 2 lights... the center light is powered from the factory wiring as it acts as a cargo lamp).

If you decide to use the y-splitter to combine the outter lights together you'll only use 1 of the upfitter wires that went up to the passenger footwell. The 2nd wire is a spare.

Honestly you don't really need the y-splitter as you could always just twist the 2 wires together at the footwell and splice into 1 upfitter (that's what I did, since I control both outters from 1 switch).

The y-cable is offered as an add-on for folks who don't want to do that of course.

SOOO if you decide to use your y-cable... just pick one of the connectors/wires to use. The other will just be left there as a spare

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean by an unused "prong" ???

There are 2 wires (3 if you count a ground) that go from the back of the GJ Motorsports kit all the way up to your passenger footwell (where the upfitter pass through wires are). These wires are part of the basic harness.

1 wire for each light (2 wires, 2 lights... the center light is powered from the factory wiring as it acts as a cargo lamp).

If you decide to use the y-splitter to combine the outter lights together you'll only use 1 of the upfitter wires that went up to the passenger footwell. The 2nd wire is a spare.

Honestly you don't really need the y-splitter as you could always just twist the 2 wires together at the footwell and splice into 1 upfitter (that's what I did, since I control both outters from 1 switch).

The y-cable is offered as an add-on for folks who don't want to do that of course.

SOOO if you decide to use your y-cable... just pick one of the connectors/wires to use. The other will just be left there as a spare
Thanks! That answered my question. By prong I meant connector.