Getting cold feet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the z06 is better then the zr1. I been thinking about this predicament a lot bc I almost bought a z06 a few times. They are a blast to drive. Personally I can't justify DDing a corvette and to have two vehicles I'd have to get rid of my street glide. Not worth it.

Also, no offense but there is much more dooshbag factor with a vette. Chicks don't dig them at all. Not that this should be a factor, but it is.

I really like my raptor, I got it in March. It has good pick up for a big ass truck and seriously people stare at them a lot. You'll prob get more attention in a new shiny Raptor then the z06. I'm kinda sick of dumpin money into vehicles but I want to upgrade so bad. I can't imagine this thing with more horsepower to the wheels.

Anyways for me the only vehicle if trade my raptor for right now is a GT-R and that's a whole different tax bracket.

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I DD'd my C5 Z06 but couldn't do it with the C6 Z06. I agree there is a lot of douchbaggery with the Corvette crowd, even worse with the Viper crowd which is why I've stayed away from those. The attention thing isn't really a factor at all. I just figured I wanted to try something different. The GT-R's are sweet cars and I did think about those but maintenance on them is crazy expensive. I'm sure I'm going to love the truck, it just needs to get here!

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I DD'd my C5 Z06 but couldn't do it with the C6 Z06. I agree there is a lot of douchbaggery with the Corvette crowd, even worse with the Viper crowd which is why I've stayed away from those. The attention thing isn't really a factor at all. I just figured I wanted to try something different. The GT-R's are sweet cars and I did think about those but maintenance on them is crazy expensive. I'm sure I'm going to love the truck, it just needs to get here!

My cousin has had two of them. He didnt have that many maintenance issues. Fluid flush was about $1500. And of course tires. But he never ran into the issue with the breaks. He also had like 40 some K on his. Theres a 10k incentive on left over 2014 gt-r's right now...premiums are selling around 81-84k.

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cousin has had two of them. He didnt have that many maintenance issues. Fluid flush was about $1500. And of course tires. But he never ran into the issue with the breaks. He also had like 40 some K on his. Theres a 10k incentive on left over 2014 gt-r's right now...premiums are selling around 81-84k.

That is a pretty good discount on them. I think MSRP starts at over $100k on them?

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty good discount on them. I think MSRP starts at over $100k on them?

Yeah it's a good deal if you can get a dealer to bite. Still 80k+ car. Hard to find a decent deal used. Like the Raptors they hold their value very well.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I look at it like this. I see every douchecanoe in the military driving an M3 over here. They're about as common as a piece of freeway trash in Houston. Lots of V8 Challengers and a few SRT's. A handful of corvettes. At least one every day.

Off base, AMG's, Ferraris, Lambos, you name it, I can see it with in 30-60 minutes depending which autobahn I'm on.

You know how many Raptors I've seen in the 4 years I've been over here? 8. 8 ******* Raptors. How's that for exclusive?

Just wait for your truck. I had to wait for 4 months and almost thought about canceling because I kept getting the run-around. It's at the dealer, it's at the port, it's on the boat, it won't start. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Went to pick it up and never looked back. My only regret is that I didn't have it in the states. Germans are really sensitive about offloading.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opinion: You picked the Raptor over the Vette for a reason. Second thoughts on big purchases aren't a bad thing, and I like Vettes as much as the next guy, but the Raptor is in a whole other league. Utah...Raptor...Enjoy....

Attachments

• wayne-dyer-inspirational-sayings-quotes-life.jpg
    wayne-dyer-inspirational-sayings-quotes-life.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 26

ccbruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i switch between wanting a sports car and wanting something offroad capable every day. But in the end, I think I wouldn't be happy with simply just a sports car since I like to camp, fish, etc.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep the Raptor. It will be worth a lot more than that vette ever will be. You will enjoy the raptor a lot more and its way more practical.