GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is what I changed and it works great.

Walk Away Lock (2024 only) - locks the vehicle when you walk away. No audible when walk away.
BCM 726-89-02 x1x1 x1x1 x1--
BCM 726-90-01 xxx1 xxxx xx--
APIM 7D0-09-05 xxxx 8xxx xx--

Do not tun off in Settings or will break feature, but if you do break it then just go back in and set with FORScan.

Reset APIM. Clear DTC after you are done (I clear before I start and after I am done.)

Now for me I had to completely power down the truck, get out, lock it and then get back in and start up, and then shut down, get out and walk away for it to work. Some combination of that.

If all that fails, then go into FORScan and verify the changes took.
Reading back many many pages - this isn't something that works on 21-23 trucks, right?

ronk127

Reaction score

Walk Away Lock (2024 only) - locks the vehicle when you walk away. No audible when walk away.

Do not tun off in Settings or will break feature, but if you do break it then just go back in and set with FORScan.

Reset APIM. Clear DTC after you are done (I clear before I start and after I am done.)

Now for me I had to completely power down the truck, get out, lock it and then get back in and start up, and then shut down, get out and walk away for it to work. Some combination of that.

Worked perfectly!!!!! Thank you!!! I left mine with audible honk… so at least I have the piece of mind it actually locks every time I walk away.

Thank you again!

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worked perfectly!!!!! Thank you!!! I left mine with audible honk… so at least I have the piece of mind it actually locks every time I walk away.

Thank you again!
Your welcome. I run Lincoln mirrors (or u can turn on folding mirrors in Settings) and u get quiet confirmation. ;)

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dang, I really want this in my ‘23… I wonder if I change out some modules if this would work… or do I just buy a ‘24 for it.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep my Glare Free headlights for your walk away lock
Same here. And $10k+ min to upgrade from a 23 to a 24 (for 35s )
for that feature and the other minor changes would hardly seem worth it without a nice power bump. IMO it’s not any inconvenience to push a button on the fob or the door handle.

Last edited:

Mike27t

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Y’all, thanks for the thread and all the helpful info thus far. Coming from a gen 2 im familiar with Forscan and have been able to make some changes to my 24.

Looking at the updated Forscan code list for gen 3, I don’t see one feature I was fond of on my old car. The feature is called “Turn Signal Flashes (# of)” which allows you to change the 3 flash default value and was found in the IPC module.

Anyone aware if this is available for a gen 3?

Thanks in advance.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Y’all, thanks for the thread and all the helpful info thus far. Coming from a gen 2 im familiar with Forscan and have been able to make some changes to my 24.

Looking at the updated Forscan code list for gen 3, I don’t see one feature I was fond of on my old car. The feature is called “Turn Signal Flashes (# of)” which allows you to change the 3 flash default value and was found in the IPC module.

Anyone aware if this is available for a gen 3?

Thanks in advance.
It's absolutely available as I have changed mine to 4, because the 3 is actually 2 if you ever watch it, so changing to 4 makes it 3. I'm on mobile, but it's absolutely there.