GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah! Okay, tested it and when pulling towards me it flashes to high beams, pushing it fowards just turns on high beams. No other points on it. Auto still didn't show up. Surely this isn't a BCM issue like I stated but it's like it started after that.
It should cycle through three different settings:
  1. Auto High Beams/Glare Free ("A" will be present, either white or green)
  2. Low Beams Only ("A" is absent)
  3. High Beams Only (Blue High Beam icon will be present)

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should cycle through three different settings:
  1. Auto High Beams/Glare Free ("A" will be present, either white or green)
  2. Low Beams Only ("A" is absent)
  3. High Beams Only (Blue High Beam icon will be present)
So I did an As Built on the BCM. Reverted everything but still no "A" on the dash. I only have two modes using the stalk. I can go forward activating high beams and back to "flash" and that's it. Highlights auto leveled on BCM reset and everything. Still nothing.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I did an As Built on the BCM. Reverted everything but still no "A" on the dash. I only have two modes using the stalk. I can go forward activating high beams and back to "flash" and that's it. Highlights auto leveled on BCM reset and everything. Still nothing.
Have you pressed it forward multiple times? It should be like this:
Forward one time to go low-beams --> forward once again to go to high-beams --> forward once again to go to AUTO --> forward once again to go to low-beams... and forever on and on cycling between those three options. I thought it defaulted to AUTO each time.

Wait, that's a FORSCAN thing, too, where it won't default to auto upon starting of the truck, but that's the actual selector switch. Could you have modified that setting as well?

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you pressed it forward multiple times? It should be like this:
Forward one time to go low-beams --> forward once again to go to high-beams --> forward once again to go to AUTO --> forward once again to go to low-beams... and forever on and on cycling between those three options. I thought it defaulted to AUTO each time.

Wait, that's a FORSCAN thing, too, where it won't default to auto upon starting of the truck, but that's the actual selector switch. Could you have modified that setting as well?
Nah I reset the BCM module to as built per the file I downloaded then only redid DRL brightness, DRL on w/ parking lights, fog lights on w/ high beams, and no double honk on exit if running w/ key. I can check again on those instructions but I've yet to do anything and see an A on the dash. Auto lights are working though. When I leave the garage they shut off quickly then pulling in, they cut back on. This is the wildest little bug.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah I reset the BCM module to as built per the file I downloaded then only redid DRL brightness, DRL on w/ parking lights, fog lights on w/ high beams, and no double honk on exit if running w/ key. I can check again on those instructions but I've yet to do anything and see an A on the dash. Auto lights are working though. When I leave the garage they shut off quickly then pulling in, they cut back on. This is the wildest little bug.
Does having the fogs on with high beams make it so Auto High Beams don't work?

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to sell the Rappy and get a Prius?!
Well let me start from the top. Like I had mentioned this was all in relation to the "A" on the dash and auto headlights. Meaning just the headlights cutting on by themselves. I know we had discussed triggering the high beams to see the "A" and nothing occurred but auto headlights were still working. Well when I pulled in the garage earlier I got to thinking about "Auto high beams" and how the other day I cut them off thru settings. I thought, no way in hell that's the A on the dash. I went back into settings and cut them back on, BAM, white "A" shows up on the dash. I was under the assumption the A was strictly for auto headlights not auto high beams. I'll show myself the door. It's been real fellows. :bawl: