GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about when the lights are on, or when they are off? If AUTO is selected and it is daytime, the white or green "A" will not be present. It is only illuminated on the dashboard when the lights are physically on to inform you that they are on. Oddly enough, in our Cayenne, the A is white and it is always on the dashboard, and it turns green when the lights are on.
I'll take a short clip here in a few hours but let's say I pull in the garage, auto lights kick on, no A is present in the lower left it will only show green headlight symbol and fog lights. I wish I knew what the value was for that symbol or where it is to even check.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll take a short clip here in a few hours but let's say I pull in the garage, auto lights kick on, no A is present in the lower left it will only show green headlight symbol and fog lights. I wish I knew what the value was for that symbol or where it is to even check.
Sounds like normal operation to me if that's what it's doing. Or is that what you want it to do?

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like normal operation to me if that's what it's doing. Or is that what you want it to do?
I’m just wondering why it went away if no one else’s did. I’ve attached some photos. Pulled into the garage with auto on.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 25

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m just wondering why it went away if no one else’s did. I’ve attached some photos. Pulled into the garage with auto on.
Ha! Oh wow. I get it, now. That's kinda odd... I think you're the first with this issue.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Oh wow. I get it, now. That's kinda odd... I think you're the first with this issue.
Took about 10 seconds give or take for the auto’s to kick on once pulling in. I’m assuming that’s normal. I’m curious if it’s a BCM issue? Wondering if I should revert to as built to test it. I wouldn’t thought the instrument cluster but no.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you cycled the stalk (which IIR affects the mode)?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stalk? Is that a module? Excuse my dumbassness here
The turn signal stick that comes out of the steering column. Instead of pulling backwards to flash your brights, push it forward. It'll cycle between "A", low beams, then high beams. You could be on low beams only, which would negate the "A" showing up and thus, not allowing GF to function.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The turn signal stick that comes out of the steering column. Instead of pulling backwards to flash your brights, push it forward. It'll cycle between "A", low beams, then high beams. You could be on low beams only, which would negate the "A" showing up and thus, not allowing GF to function.
Ah! Okay, tested it and when pulling towards me it flashes to high beams, pushing it fowards just turns on high beams. No other points on it. Auto still didn't show up. Surely this isn't a BCM issue like I stated but it's like it started after that.