GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to keep blowing this thread up but it was super easy to do!

So far I've done

DRL's to include parking lights
Double Horn Honk disable
Fogs on w/ high beams
Digital temps on cluster
Oil temp on measurements page

Once question though, I thought even in auto mode the parking lights would be on or ambers would be on regardless? I know DRLs only cut on when the truck is out of park but thought parking lights stayed on regardless. They will if I move the switch from auto to parking lamps. Sorry, I know that's ******* question but my first Ford so I didn't know if stuff was a little different. Can't wait to dive in a little more though! Appreciate all the insight/input in this thread. Made is super easy.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Laptop should be here shortly from UPS. I can't wait to dive in and get some changed. That double honk is getting punted to the moon.
Just know the double honk, and I assume you mean when getting out with engine running, keys in your pocket, and door closed, is replaced with wild beeping inside the vehicle, enough to make your significant other, if he/she/ @Oldfart 's goat is in passenger seat, deprive you of life's greatest pleasures that evening.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once question though, I thought even in auto mode the parking lights would be on or ambers would be on regardless? I know DRLs only cut on when the truck is out of park but thought parking lights stayed on regardless. They will if I move the switch from auto to parking lamps. Sorry, I know that's ******* question but my first Ford so I didn't know if stuff was a little different. Can't wait to dive in a little more though! Appreciate all the insight/input in this thread. Made is super easy.
They are on when in anything but Park/Neutral. Not sure we can change that. If you go manually to parking lights, they'll remain on regardless of what your gear selector is doing, or if the truck is on or off.
Just know the double honk, and I assume you mean when getting out with engine running, keys in your pocket, and door closed, is replaced with wild beeping inside the vehicle.
This happens regardless if you have your key in your pocket and leave the vehicle as it's the "key not detected inside me while running" alert, not the "you closed your door while your key is not inside me and I'm running" alert.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are on when in anything but Park/Neutral. Not sure we can change that. If you go manually to parking lights, they'll remain on regardless of what your gear selector is doing, or if the truck is on or off.

This happens regardless if you have your key in your pocket and leave the vehicle as it's the "key not detected inside me while running" alert, not the "you closed your door while your key is not inside me and I'm running" alert.
Appreciate it man just double checking! I did make one mistake on the temp under gauges part but just used the "load factory" option in Forscan because I was hooked up to wifi and restored it. I'm assuming this is fine? I had it backed up as well but went with that one for the IPC module. Appreciate your input in this thread as well. This stuff is pretty damn cool to tinker with

Last edited:

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the interior chime when exiting the truck with the key. I also have the double honk disabled. Not sure but I also have Police Mode on which prevents the shift lever from operating unless the key is in the truck.That may be why mine does not beep! Love that setting even more now if so?????

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I dove back in and got the DRLs brightened up a little. I've attached before and after photos. I set mine to 50% and they look great. I don't know if I'll go higher, probably not. I also tried changing my icon to a Raptor like mentioned several pages back but the icon didn't change. Double checked the value and it stayed 33(APIM 7D0-03-02 33xx-xxxx-xx--). I attached the version of my software which appears to be behind? If so how do I update that? I'd love to get the regular F150 off of there.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 31

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd update in here as well. Doing the stereo mod to increase the output of the B&O in the ACM module on '23 did cause my XM preset issues. I also did the disable fake engine as well in the same module but I'm doing that did anything. Sucks because I could notice a little difference but all of my XM presets reset on basically every crank. Once I returned the module to the As Is Build, everything is good. My old presets even popped back up which is odd. Just a heads up.

Also, does anybody know if on the '23 instrument cluster when "Auto headlights" is selected or even on, does it show the light symbol with an "A" on the cluster? I swear mine used to and I even flashed the IPC module back to stock to see if it returned but it didn't so I just added my temps under the gauges again. I could redo the BCM as well to see if that does it but thought I'd check here first. I swear I saw it when I bought the truck but it could've been a '22 and the '23's don't have it. Also don't know why the BCM would activate that and not the IPC module but could be worth a shot.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 and enabled glare free lights. When the headlights are on, I have a green light symbol with the A in the lower left corner of the instrument cluster. Before doing glare free, auto headlights was I believe a white symbol and A.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 and enabled glare free lights. When the headlights are on, I have a green light symbol with the A in the lower left corner of the instrument cluster. Before doing glare free, auto headlights was I believe a white symbol and A.
That's so weird that mine would disappear. I haven't done glare free headlights. As far as the lights or BCM go, I've done

Fog lights on w/ high beams
DRL w/ parking lights
DRL brightness increase
Double honk disable

IPC and APIM modules have were both wrote for "As built" using Forscan. I used the file from the Motorcraft website using my VIN but that shouldn't even be VIN specific in reference to that light. Everything works perfectly though.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured I'd update in here as well. Doing the stereo mod to increase the output of the B&O in the ACM module on '23 did cause my XM preset issues. I also did the disable fake engine as well in the same module but I'm doing that did anything. Sucks because I could notice a little difference but all of my XM presets reset on basically every crank. Once I returned the module to the As Is Build, everything is good. My old presets even popped back up which is odd. Just a heads up.

Also, does anybody know if on the '23 instrument cluster when "Auto headlights" is selected or even on, does it show the light symbol with an "A" on the cluster? I swear mine used to and I even flashed the IPC module back to stock to see if it returned but it didn't so I just added my temps under the gauges again. I could redo the BCM as well to see if that does it but thought I'd check here first. I swear I saw it when I bought the truck but it could've been a '22 and the '23's don't have it. Also don't know why the BCM would activate that and not the IPC module but could be worth a shot.
Are you talking about when the lights are on, or when they are off? If AUTO is selected and it is daytime, the white or green "A" will not be present. It is only illuminated on the dashboard when the lights are physically on to inform you that they are on. Oddly enough, in our Cayenne, the A is white and it is always on the dashboard, and it turns green when the lights are on.