GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsimon77

Reaction score
I never revert any of my FORScan settings.
Got it. Normally I wouldn’t either but since I know they need to mess with the APIM I was thinking it would be a good idea?

To that point if I wanna revert from glare free back to adaptive headlights obviously I know I need to run my back up for those modules, but is there a specific order like there is when you turn on glare free? Does it need a APIM reset? I just wanna make sure I get the procedure right going backwards.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got it. Normally I wouldn’t either but since I know they need to mess with the APIM I was thinking it would be a good idea?

To that point if I wanna revert from glare free back to adaptive headlights obviously I know I need to run my back up for those modules, but is there a specific order like there is when you turn on glare free? Does it need a APIM reset? I just wanna make sure I get the procedure right going backwards.
Just revert back all at once has been what I've read and remember. Doing the Glare Free mod on two separate trucks, I did mine first and followed the reset halfway through but on the second truck, I just did all the changes at once and it too, was fine. YMMV. These are all just driving computers.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, we are not making any performance changes or anything that could affect the warranty, so I'm not worried about them "Ford" having a issue with my changes for the better.

jsimon77

Reaction score
I had lights installed on the truck today and now I am getting the “backup assist unavailable” message.

This has happened to my truck before and the dealer had to reprogram the IPMA module. I am assuming that will happen again.

Currently, I have some forscan settings changed on the IPMA including glare, free lights. What do I need to do before I bring it to the dealer? And what will I likely need to do when I get it back? Assuming the re-programming of that module will revert all the settings back to original?

Also, is there anything I can do using for scan to fix this issue without having to bring it to the dealer?

Thanks for any help!
Just an update on this...Truck has been with the dealer 2 days and they are still getting the back up assist unavailable. I was told today that "we contacted hotline engineers. waiting for a response."

Not sure what could have caused this. All camera working normally.

Any ideas or thoughts?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had lights installed on the truck today and now I am getting the “backup assist unavailable” message.

This has happened to my truck before and the dealer had to reprogram the IPMA module. I am assuming that will happen again.

Currently, I have some forscan settings changed on the IPMA including glare, free lights. What do I need to do before I bring it to the dealer? And what will I likely need to do when I get it back? Assuming the re-programming of that module will revert all the settings back to original?

Also, is there anything I can do using for scan to fix this issue without having to bring it to the dealer?

Thanks for any help!
What "lights" were installed, and how? AUX switches? To the factory fog light (AUX1). Was that rerouted if so?

I feel we need more info. At least I do.

What mods were already done? Got backups? Tell us everything. More info is good.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update on this...Truck has been with the dealer 2 days and they are still getting the back up assist unavailable. I was told today that "we contacted hotline engineers. waiting for a response."

Not sure what could have caused this. All camera working normally.

Any ideas or thoughts?
****** programming

hanj0208

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought an OBD II device on Amazon. I'm intrigued by FORScan and planning to make some adjustments to my car:

1. Increasing DRL brightness + Bambi
2. Implementing Glare-Free high beam

After going through about 97 pages of information, I noticed that some people are experiencing issues with DRL brightness when set at 100%. Therefore, I'm considering setting it to 75%, like many others have done. My concern is that the current setting is at 10% (correct me if I'm wrong), and boosting it to 75% could potentially shorten the lifespan of the DRLs. I haven't looked into the headlight assembly yet, but if it's just a replaceable bulb, I'm not too worried. However, if it requires replacing the entire headlight assembly, that's something I'm concerned about. Any thoughts on this?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought an OBD II device on Amazon. I'm intrigued by FORScan and planning to make some adjustments to my car:

1. Increasing DRL brightness + Bambi
2. Implementing Glare-Free high beam

After going through about 97 pages of information, I noticed that some people are experiencing issues with DRL brightness when set at 100%. Therefore, I'm considering setting it to 75%, like many others have done. My concern is that the current setting is at 10% (correct me if I'm wrong), and boosting it to 75% could potentially shorten the lifespan of the DRLs. I haven't looked into the headlight assembly yet, but if it's just a replaceable bulb, I'm not too worried. However, if it requires replacing the entire headlight assembly, that's something I'm concerned about. Any thoughts on this?
I'm not worried about it because if it burns out I have a warranty. If I have this truck for 10 years or 100,000 mi and it doesn't have a problem, it's probably time for a new truck!

hanj0208

Reaction score
I am seeking some help with my recent upgrades to my truck. I made several modifications, including adjusting the DRL brightness, enabling DRL + Bambi, DRL + Parking light, DRL + Foglight, and implementing Glare-Free functionality.

After making these changes, I was dissatisfied with all lights coming on during DRL mode. Consequently, I decided to revert everything to the stock settings and simply increase the brightness to 75%. However, I encountered an issue where the fog lights remained on while other lights, such as the 3 dot line, side markers, and rear lights, disappeared. Despite multiple attempts to restore the original settings, the fog lights persist.

Additionally, I attempted to correct an error in the Glare-Free setup last night by properly rebooting the APIM and reconfiguring the values. However, I now receive an error message stating "Check headlamp system. See manual." I am in need of assistance to resolve these issues. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1026_(copy).jpg
    IMG_1026_(copy).jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 9