GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jobsi

Reaction score
Looking for some help
I have 23 R. I tried to do glare free
Backed everything up
Did the 2 in apim and reset the apim
Went to ipma and went to run it and it will only load to 27% than says error
I never changed anything in the ipma
Software is up to date
No codes thrown
I reset everything put the apim back and just tried pulling the ipma up and same thing happened
I am stumped I have done all the basic mods with no issues

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you say what you did and if you backed up everything or just APIM?

Might not hurt to go back to AB throughout the whole truck, and do Glare Free first. It's easily the most involved.

Or you could simply be the first that it doesn't work for. Who knows. It was slated to be removed from hardware configuration, although we don't have proof that it has happened. Perhaps it happened.

Obligatory "you followed ALL the directions", right?

jobsi

Reaction score
I did the initial back up of everything before I changed anything
I did the double honk , seatbelt , Bambi , drl full bright parking lights and remove black box on the camera.

When I did the 2 changes in the apim and reset the glare free option did show up on the screen.so I think it’s still available. I only got that far the ipma would only load to 27% and would say error
Even after bringing the apim back to as built and resetting I also disconnected and than reconnected to the truck and just tried loading up the ipma and still had the same error at 27%

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the initial back up of everything before I changed anything
I did the double honk , seatbelt , Bambi , drl full bright parking lights and remove black box on the camera.

When I did the 2 changes in the apim and reset the glare free option did show up on the screen.so I think it’s still available. I only got that far the ipma would only load to 27% and would say error
Even after bringing the apim back to as built and resetting I also disconnected and than reconnected to the truck and just tried loading up the ipma and still had the same error at 27%
Are you getting a checksum error? You can bypass that (I think you have to anyway in order to write to the module) and it will just compute it by itself.

I know I had an issue writing something (it's been a long time since I've done these mods to mine) and I had to go back to AB, though through FORScan loading it itself when I had the module open. FORScan can load the AB data from the Internet and that was the only way I was able to get through something, even though it was a restorative function, if I recall.

Make sure you have the latest version, using a wired OBDII connection, etc. Perhaps email FORScan support and let them know the issue you're having? If you scroll (way back) in my post history, you might be able to find something that can help, though it's all in the pages within this thread (and a few hit-and-miss others). Good luck!

Feel free to PM me if you wanna go line by line through my saved "known good" configuration files. My truck is off to the dealer tomorrow moring so I can't pull anything from it locally, though like you, I have everything backed up and saved. Load mine up, see what happens, you never know. It's worked in the past for other members on the forum.

I'm thinking we should have a FORScan repository of common mods that are simply "load this shit" and XYZ works lol.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some help
I have 23 R. I tried to do glare free
Backed everything up
Did the 2 in apim and reset the apim
Went to ipma and went to run it and it will only load to 27% than says error
I never changed anything in the ipma
Software is up to date
No codes thrown
I reset everything put the apim back and just tried pulling the ipma up and same thing happened
I had this same error. Forscan support told me to increase the baud rate and it worked.

jobsi

Reaction score
Now that I’m reading this I do not have a wired OBDII. Time to upgrade to one and see if that is what’s holding it back from loading

jobsi

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys I’ll check back when I get a new wired OBDII and I can mess around with the truck again

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just looking for little help. Today I made a second attempt to disable auto reverse braking (and the alert) using Forscan, but every time I make the designated change I get a pop up on the gauge cluster saying the Pre-Collision Assist is not available (with the slashed out icon to the right of my mileage indicator).

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 1.16.41 PM.png

Am I doing something wrong? Is there away to disable reverse braking and have the alert NOT pop up on the gauge cluster?

I wanted to do this in ForScan because when I simply turn it off inside the driver assist settings (inside the NAV screen), I constantly get the reminder alert displayed on the gauge cluster everything I put it in reverse. I hate it, ha-ha.

Using the Spreadsheet information it says to change IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx **** xx from the 5 that is stock to a 4, but what I just mentioned keeps happening. I must be missing something?

For now I returned to the stock setting.

Last edited:

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just turn it off in your dash. I have a 2023,
Under - Features
Then - Driver Assistance
Then scroll down to the bottom, and turn it off

Attachments

• 20240119_105013.jpg
    20240119_105013.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 17