GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve done a few forscan changes now and for some reason or some how I messed up my oil life reset. It does not appear anywhere and I cannot reset using either method of resetting. Any ideas?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve done a few forscan changes now and for some reason or some how I messed up my oil life reset. It does not appear anywhere and I cannot reset using either method of resetting. Any ideas?
@WTX
If you dont want to spend the time to state exactly what you changed, Just load your factory asbuilt data. If you want anyone to look any further you really have to give us more information.

Oil Life Minder 10k 720-02-01 xxxx-xxxx-*x--
Oil Life minder is at 720-05-01 xxxx-xxxx-
**--

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second question.
I followed these instructions but was confused as there are 3 boxes of 4 xxxx values, so do I uses only the first two boxes to change the values or the last boxes?

***Back up your modules and use the below at your own risk****

All of the changes below are required. Result in your Setting menu will be Glare Free replacing Auto hi-beams, you won't have both. Also, on the bottom left corner of the dash, you will push the stalk forward to cycle through no indicator, green Auto indicator, and blue hi-beams indicator (hi-beams off, glare-free, normal hi-beams on respectively).

Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.

IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9

SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx

IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3

HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

Short bed with scales / ccd or Raptor
734-01-04 xx56 D1
@10SpdsOfFury The xxxx is a place holder for a value. If there is a X you do not change that value. We put a X so you know what digit in what block to change.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@10SpdsOfFury The xxxx is a place holder for a value. If there is a X you do not change that value. We put a X so you know what digit in what block to change.
I am aware of that but when there is 3 boxes of 4 characters and the codes everyone posted only have 2 boxes of characters does that mean you don’t touch the 3rd box?

Example. It wants me to change that but my truck has 3 fields.
IPC. xxxx xxxx xxxx etc.
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am aware of that but when there is 3 boxes of 4 characters and the codes everyone posted only have 2 boxes of characters does that mean you don’t touch the 3rd box?

IPC. xxxx xxxx xxxx etc.
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3
Exactly…do not touch the 3rd box set of characters.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

IPC. xxxx xxxx xxxx etc.
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3
@10SpdsOfFury
Yeah i would assume so. It really should have the 3rd box with 2 digits and the checksum (last 2 values) marked as --. There is no set standard but we should try to get everyone on the same page. Those values should be

720-01-01 xx8x-xxxx-xx--
720-10-01 xxxx-***3-xx--

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In addition to what @Antho said, this is the importance of backing up your modules (APIM, IPMA, IPC, etc) before making changes so you can revert back to the original values (whatever you changed) should you eff something up.

Double check & triple check before you change something…

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WTX
If you dont want to spend the time to state exactly what you changed, Just load your factory asbuilt data. If you want anyone to look any further you really have to give us more information.

Oil Life Minder 10k 720-02-01 xxxx-xxxx-*x--
Oil Life minder is at 720-05-01 xxxx-xxxx-
**--
@Antho

I fished to see if any forscan gurus would know it by heart as I was researching. Basically only changes in IPC were for glare free lighting, seat belts and double honk. I did some digging and I believe (probably wrong) the vehicle maintenance option in the menu has to do with 720-10-01.
(If that is not there you cannot reset oil life via the path 2 route listed in the manual).

I reloaded my back up and the maintenance option came back. And I reset my oil life. Then I had to go back and reset things like I had it.

If I recall correctly there were a few trucks that did not take the glare free light 720-10-01 code properly and a different code had to be wrote in. (I’ll have to dig for that). I did something in that code that messed up my maintenance option. But it’s fine now, I’ll just QC the glare free. I changed them back but a quick test in my driveway the headlights were not moving with the steering wheel.

@Littlefx4 I backed it up, thanks.

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Antho

I fished to see if any forscan gurus would know it by heart as I was researching. Basically only changes in IPC were for glare free lighting, seat belts and double honk. I did some digging and I believe (probably wrong) the vehicle maintenance option in the menu. (If that is not there you cannot reset oil life via the path 2 route listed in the manual). I believe this option on the menu has to do with 720-10-01.
I reloaded my back up and the maintenance option came back. And I reset my oil life. Then I had to go back and reset things like I had it.

If I recall correctly there were a few trucks that did not take the glare free light 720-10-01 code properly and a different code had to be wrote in. (I’ll have to dig for that). I did something in that code that messed up my maintenance option. But it’s fine now, I’ll just QC the glare free. I changed them back but a quick test in my driveway the headlights were not moving with the steering wheel.

@Littlefx4 I backed it up, thanks for the scolding dad.
:Big Laugh: Dad’s got a question, are you running the latest Forscan software? Also go back to about pages 14 - 16…you might find some help there. Another member encountered this same problem but got it to work. Check out what he did. You’re welcome for the scolding btw! ;)

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Big Laugh: Dad’s got a question, are you running the latest Forscan software? Also go back to about pages 14 - 16…you might find some help there. Another member encountered this same problem but got it to work. Check out what he did. You’re welcome for the scolding btw! ;)
Yes I have the latest update. I believe you could not access the HCM module without updating to the latest version.

I’ll check the headlights again tomorrow. I have the glare free symbol on the dash but the auto high beam is still optional, which I thought went away once glare free was 100% working. It was a long day and I didn’t feel like sitting in my shop this late.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc