GEN 1 Gen2 shocks on Gen 1 ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteGav

Reaction score
Ok so I have already re built my shocks twice.. I definitely put them through some interesting terrain on the weekends, and New England potholes all week. my left rear is leaking...

I was wondering if the 2017 raptor shocks would fit right into a Gen1?

looking on rockauto.com I can get Gen 1 rears for 975 and fronts for 1000, not a bad deal. but I obviously want to upgrade a little with out dropping 1000 a shock.

I have deavers in the rear and mid perch up front, on 37 ko2's

any clue where I could get Gen 2 shocks? is it even worth it? other ideas?

OP
OP
PeteGav

PeteGav

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm glad I didn't move forward on those.

so do you guys think its worth the fluid and nitrogen to rebuild them a 3rd time? I only have 65k on the truck.

or should I just man up and grab 3.0's ...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

so do you guys think its worth the fluid and nitrogen to rebuild them a 3rd time? I only have 65k on the truck.

That all depends on what you're doing with the truck. If you're blasting it off-road on a consistent basis or exceeding what the 2.5's can do when you do go out, then yeah 3.0s would be a worthwhile upgrade. Otherwise a rebuild and maybe even some progressive springs will work out just fine for you.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Damn, man. What the hell are you doing to your truck to need them rebuilt a 3rd time with only 65K miles?