Gen2 ride leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

ScorchedEarth

Reaction score
Think im going to try the rpg shackles first, why not add something that provides a lil extra function ASWELL as help make the truck look better...

guessing its going to be awhile before someone comes out with some new springs for the front coilovers:(
just goto ff the phone with RPG, they have the shackles ready to ship, just need the damm truck to put em on!!!

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Think im going to try the rpg shackles first, why not add something that provides a lil extra function ASWELL as help make the truck look better...

guessing its going to be awhile before someone comes out with some new springs for the front coilovers:(
just goto ff the phone with RPG, they have the shackles ready to ship, just need the damm truck to put em on!!!

One thing to be aware of is you'll be sacrificing compression travel in the rear to gain that increased droop travel and the 1" drop to level it. I can't remember what the rear suspension travel is, but i'd bet you've got 4-5" of compression travel at ride height, so just know if you run it hard you'll be hitting the bumpstops a bit more.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've got that kit on my Gen1 and honestly a bumpstop kit should be priority #1 if you're gonna go run offroad. I had a 6-8" gravel bar in a wash ruin my day and bend my frame. Compression travel at ride height isn't that much and all you need to do is find a bump that will exceed that available travel and bang, you're into the bumpstops and the frame with the axle.

That's why jumps don't bend frames unless they are extreme. You get to use all of that advertised travel to allow the shock to slow the axle down. Whereas that seemingly small bump in a wash will bend your frame because you're working with less than half the travel left.

If you're set on RPG, just call and have a chat with Corey, he's super knowledgeable and he'll make sure you're setup right.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got that kit on my Gen1 and honestly a bumpstop kit should be priority #1 if you're gonna go run offroad. I had a 6-8" gravel bar in a wash ruin my day and bend my frame. Compression travel at ride height isn't that much and all you need to do is find a bump that will exceed that available travel and bang, you're into the bumpstops and the frame with the axle.

That's why jumps don't bend frames unless they are extreme. You get to use all of that advertised travel to allow the shock to slow the axle down. Whereas that seemingly small bump in a wash will bend your frame because you're working with less than half the travel left.

If you're set on RPG, just call and have a chat with Corey, he's super knowledgeable and he'll make sure you're setup right.

Yeah I picked up leaf springs from rpg one time they didn't stand behind the sagging like shit and riding on bump stops so F there gear for my next truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk