Gen 3 spares?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mobob

Reaction score
With my Gen1, I had built up a nice parts and tools box that goes on those “not close to home” trips for common breakage items. I had IWE's, unjoints, spare tie rod, second spare, electrical crap, a few Raptor Specific sized tools etc.

On the Gen3, what breaks on trail that should be carried along? I haven’t had enough time in my Gen3 learning this the hard way.

Anyone come across any gen3 specific tools that you wish you had brought along for that inevitable repair on the trail?

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think a spare tie rod is ever a bad move if you are doing any offroading at speed. In many systems it is the weakest part by design to prevent damage to more important/difficult to repair parts. There have been a few G3 bent tie rod threads.

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a way to remove the safety cable from your spare tire. I don't think Ford provided a tool to remove it so you're screwed if you don't have one.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I have not any issues, had the spare out a few times and it lowered right down. What is strange is mine does not even look like that. The cable is there but it is routed up on top and not around the tire like in the picture shown.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not any issues, had the spare out a few times and it lowered right down. What is strange is mine does not even look like that. The cable is there but it is routed up on top and not around the tire like in the picture shown.
I would assume that’s because he reinstalled it like that. not sure why he removed the cable. Should just go through the center like any other spare. Looks all ass backwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter