Gen 3 Raptor is Overpriced, you are all Insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you. If you never go off pavement, the Raptor is a terrible value. If you go off road and don't want to own two vehicles, it's a fantastic value. Value and price are loosely related at best.

Right - see, I was one of the cross - shopping types. I don’t have to have an off-road truck. I value my money, as well as others and just search for best bang for the buck. I will keep what I have and see if Ford can make an off-road truck I find valuable to my needs.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right - see, I was one of the cross - shopping types. I don’t have to have an off-road truck. I value my money, as well as others and just search for best bang for the buck. I will keep what I have and see if Ford can make an off-road truck I find valuable to my needs.
Why?

Semperfi88

Reaction score
I agree with various points here and will add my 2 cents. You mentioned that you got “inside” deal at MSRP, remember most of us are not on the inside track. When the Vette hits the dealers, those markups are just as real as the markups on Raptors. Your opening statement about insanity for paying such prices leads to “Beauty and in this case “value” is in the eye of the buyer. Just as the Vette buyer that is willing to pay $50k over, why is it insanity because a Raptor buyer is willing to pay XX $ over? At first I myself was stuck on finding the MSRP deal, but then variables of time, enjoyment, and utility came into the equation. So I will attempt to make an equation out of this:

ADM_F = Dealer markup FACTOR you are WILLING to pay
T = Time to receive vehicle , in your procession.
U = Utility. - How much use will you get out of this other than driving around town or the track.
E. = Fun factor, How much fun will you have driving this vehicle.

Values = 1 thru 5,
T = 1 means you want iit NOW , T = 5, means you can wait.
U = 5. , you get a lot of utility and E = 5 of course lots of Fun

Formula ADM_F = ( U + E ) / T

Example 1 to show extremes U = 5, E = 5, T = 1,
(5+5) / 1 = 10. 10 being highest possible value, therefore you are willing to pay highest markup (that u can afford or in your eyes is reasonable).

Example 2 other extreme (time). U = 5, E = 5, T= 5
(5+5) / 5 = 2. means you can wait it out and not going to pay over MSRP.

Qualifiers: IF U + E is less than 5, don’t bother, you neither find enough fun and/or utility on this vehicle, so it’s not even a consideration. As the formula could result in value less than 1. Who is going to buy something that is 50/50 on their personal ratings list??

For me personally, My score was 3.3, I was willing to pay a markup because i did not want to wait 6 plus months. My score is not 8 or 10 because i was not willing to pay the highest markups to get the car tomorrow. I want it, but not that bad.

So we can remove whole thing about insanity about Raptor markups as these markups will exists for any hot car, any make any time. Even before this whole “chip shortage” supply chain stuff. The hot cars always commanded a premium. In fact one might even apply this equation to hot ……. Another rabbit hole.
Omg my brain hurts!

OP
OP
C

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap. How can I dare buy a Z06 if the braintrust that is this forum won't justify it? What is it with you people and 'practicality' anyway? I have multiple cars, I wasn't planning on loading a new patio set into a Corvette. Do you guys justify chubby wives as 'practical' because they're big and can carry a lot of stuff.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you care what anyone on here thinks about the Vette?

I think it’s a great car and Chevy did a great job with it. I can’t own both and a Raptor fits my lifestyle better. It’s that simple.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stated multiple times that I knew precisely what sort of response the mouth breathers would give. Everyone can please stop educating me on the internet and/or worrying about my psyche based on whatever vitriol comes my way. Life experiences have rendered me rather nonplussed by keyboard warriors.
1636315015021.jpeg

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a (precious) few intelligent folks here and I was hoping some of them respond. I'm well aware that this is not typical fare for this forum, as this entire site tends to skew very 'fanboi' if you will. Not sure we need another "Just Got Her Home" thread with 17 pictures of a new Raptor in gray or a scintillating debate on which brotastic wheels look best when paired with the gaudy graphics package.

Heaven forbid we talk about something a bit philosophical here.

You are a pretentious ******, ironically talking about a corvette of all vehicles. No one here GAS for obvious reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.