Gen 3 Raptor Downpipes from SPD Performance Now Available at Apollo Optics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy F that last pull was loud! It would be great to have side by side comparisons on the sounds for different modes. How is normal exhaust mode with these, is it comparable to stock sport mode? Or is it much louder? Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm interested in these, but cautious. I put the AWE 2FG on my Gen2 with stock downpipes and found it to be too loud for normal driving. Don't want to make that mistake again since I do use this truck as a daily as well.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy F that last pull was loud! It would be great to have side by side comparisons on the sounds for different modes. How is normal exhaust mode with these, is it comparable to stock sport mode? Or is it much louder? Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm interested in these, but cautious. I put the AWE 2FG on my Gen2 with stock downpipes and found it to be too loud for normal driving. Don't want to make that mistake again since I do use this truck as a daily as well.
So keep the factory exhaust and do these DP’s…..? You got rid of the OEM muffler and were surprised it was a lot louder?

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So keep the factory exhaust and do these DP’s…..? You got rid of the OEM muffler and were surprised it was a lot louder?
Never said I was surprised. I said I found it to be too loud for normal driving. I was expecting loud but it was a bit too much sometimes, especially road trips. With that being said, it was never enough to make me put the muffler back on.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I hear you, I feel the same way. Only reason I'm on the fence at this point is the loud popping this setup has when (presumably) the driver is letting off the gas.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you, I feel the same way. Only reason I'm on the fence at this point is the loud popping this setup has when (presumably) the driver is letting off the gas.
From what i'm hearing, these don't give a whole bunch of HP (rookie numbers) but they do set you up for bigger turbos down the road. Now we just need a bigger turbo setup for the Gen 3!

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i'm hearing, these don't give a whole bunch of HP (rookie numbers) but they do set you up for bigger turbos down the road. Now we just need a bigger turbo setup for the Gen 3!
Hopefully Garret is working on something! I could see myself investing in a pair of snails when the warranty runs out…

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

This system is louder than OEM, but you still have your factory cat-back system. When you went to the AWE 2FG, all you had was a resonator and no muffler, since it was removed and converted to an H-pipe.

Very interested. @Nick@Apollo-Optics, do you have SPD dp‘s in stock? How much additional noise do they add to interior of cab with “quite” setting?

These are not in stock yet for the Gen 3 Raptor and are only on preorder. Shipment is expected end of the month or first week of September.

It will be interesting to see how tuning is able to impact the added flow in front of the turbos, or not. But again, with the larger cats and increased flow, the truck will not de-tune itself when the cats get hot so we may be able to hold higher power levels longer, similar to an upgraded intercooler keeping IATs lower through multiple pulls. Time and tuning will tell.

Hopefully Garret is working on something! I could see myself investing in a pair of snails when the warranty runs out…

They will come eventually. It took a few years for the Powermax turbos to come out for the Gen 2s.

Atlanta Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who had GEN2 SPD DP installed, this is great news. The price point is a bit high ,but I know the value is there based on previous experiences with SPD and the awesome work they've done with ST Explorers recently. These are on the build wish list now. :peace: