GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling to choose wheels for my AMB Raptor. I want them lightweight and extremely off-road capable, but not really looking for beadlocks. I don't want fake beadLOOKs.

Does any one make a beadlock capable wheel like OEM? That way I could make them beadlock of I wanted.

Last edited:

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inally got a truck (not what I ordered) after 98 days of waiting! Long awaited shout-out to Justin @Pacific Wheel for the wheel hookup last fall. Budget set of 17x9 - 0 offset Vision Flow 351 Satin Black. Paired with Yokohoma Geolander Mt 35x12.50x17.
I'm struggling to choose wheels for my AMB Raptor. I want them lightweight and extremely off-road capable, but not really looking for beadlocks. I don't want fake beadLOOKs.

Does any make a beadlock capable wheel like OEM? That way I could make them beadlock of I wanted.
Didnt you just contradict your "Beadlook" statement with the last statement???

RaptorWizard

Reaction score

Does any one make a beadlock capable wheel like OEM? That way I could make them beadlock of I wanted.
see post 722. I havent been off road yet but im loving the looks of them more each day.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not really. Beadlock capable would be nice to have the option. Since beadlock isn't DOT approved, not sure it's really worth it for 90 percent tarmac.
The BL capable is nice but it's not a simple task to switch them from standard to beadlock.

Remove beauty ring>dismount front bead>mount lock ring with 24 bolts>torque 24 bolts in star pattern (2-4 times until consistent)>air up

Same steps in reverse to convert back. At this point it's almost easier to have two sets or run a Method Bead Grip as mentioned.

FYI the beadlock capable wheels are anything but light at 36lbs each.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a truck (not what I ordered) after 98 days of waiting! Long awaited shout-out to Justin @Pacific Wheel for the wheel hookup last fall. Budget set of 17x9 - 0 offset Vision Flow 351 Satin Black. Paired with Yokohoma Geolander Mt 35x12.50x17.
I love the color of this truck. It makes me pepe tingle.

Sleepy996

Reaction score
If beadlock isnt an absolute must I would snag the KMC Forged Mesa Monoblock wheels that Justin at Pacific Wheel can get. Its strong and incredibly light I think 24lb for the 17". Hard to beat imo. GL

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If beadlock isnt an absolute must I would snag the KMC Forged Mesa Monoblock wheels that Justin at Pacific Wheel can get. Its strong and incredibly light I think 24lb for the 17". Hard to beat imo. GL
Definitely like the forged Mesa.

Forged Mesa vs Method Bead Grip?

The weight on the Forged KMC beadlock is low. 27 ish pounds. Those look great. Should I be concerned with running beadlocks on the tarmac or is it a non issue if you check bolt torque often?

Does anyone use titanium bolts in their beadlocks?