GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely like the forged Mesa.

Forged Mesa vs Method Bead Grip?

The weight on the Forged KMC beadlock is low. 27 ish pounds. Those look great. Should I be concerned with running beadlocks on the tarmac or is it a non issue if you check bolt torque often?

Does anyone use titanium bolts in their beadlocks?
Mesa has an elevated bead hump but not as aggressive as the Bead Grip channel Method offers so depending on how low you air down that could play a role.

There are a lot of little warnings about beadlocks from the mfgr to cover their a**. Most companies will say no more than 25psi do to the stress is causes on the bolts (but I've seen people run them on the street at 35psi). Torque should be checked at least every 1k miles (mfgr says 500 miles). Some people will upgrade to ARP bolts for peace of mind. But as long as you keep up on the re-torque it's usually not a problem. Problems arise when when the torque is not consistent among the bolts and one bolt is taking on more stress than the next. That's typically when they snap.

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of blue wheels on AMB? I like the KMC Mesa Forged wheels, but can't find photos of blue on AMB.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love those tires. I am very tempted to ditch the 37 KO2 for those. I cannot understand why people like ko2s. I hate them
Because they grip like glue in the desert, run well in the sand, don’t chunk near as bad as toyos when going over rocks and are very well behaved on the street.

That and they offer a C load range in their 37s. Other than those million reasons, nothing else I can think of.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they grip like glue in the desert, run well in the sand, don’t chunk near as bad as toyos when going over rocks and are very well behaved on the street.

That and they offer a C load range in their 37s. Other than those million reasons, nothing else I can think of.
They wear, ride, balance, and look like garbage. Agree to disagree. Worst tire I have owned and I have had 4 raptors with 4 sets of ko2s. People seem to really like them, but I have never understood it. I have a friend that owns a reputable tire shop and hates to sell them due to poor wear and they don't balance out well without a ton of weights. To each their own I suppose

ATXraptor75

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love those tires. I am very tempted to ditch the 37 KO2 for those. I cannot understand why people like ko2s. I hate them

I'm a big Toyo M/T fan as well. Had them on my GEN2 without any issues and performed great on and offroad. I'm biased but I'm in the camp that Raptors should come with M/T (even if BFG) rather than all-terrains.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I have left my BFG 37'S on for now and have not had any issues. My Gen 2 had Toyos and Nitto MT's. Both those tires are great and I liked them both. They are heavier though. I figure I will run the KO2 until they wear out. I like the look of the new Toyo RT Trial tire but I have not had any feedback yet as they are new.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread at all but if you are in any Eastern or PNW climates where it rains/snows alot the MT's, both Nitto and Toyo are garbage in snow, ice, and heavy rain conditions pure and simple. They lack the appropriate siping, tread pattern, and rubber durometer to perform well there. They have their purpose but every single MT or even "Hybrid" tire I've tried lacked in true 4 season conditions.

Given the K02 function in that environment fairly well which is a much larger overall amount of the common Raptor owner usage vs max off-road grip I can see why that is. Frankly, I'd much rather have a Toyo AT3 that is C-rated as well with higher speed ratings like OEM or hey maybe BFG wakes up and releases a K03 this decade (or century). That tire is the best performing aggressive AT I've had to date.