Gen 3 Allocations available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or can anyone else wait for the current dealer model to die too? Why can’t we just sit on the couch, order our truck and wait a given time to get it. Why do we have to play pricing games with dealers. Whether it’s to try to get a discount or not pay over MSRP it’s so tiresome. Then I love how they act like they are doing is a favor by selling at MSRP with no ADM.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The model will change when the “people” choose not to buy at ridiculous prices. You and I are good, we both refuse to buy a truck over MSRP, and I’ll go a step further and say I refuse to buy one “AT” MSRP: Below invoice or bust!!

However, there are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of people who are willing to shell out 20k over just so they can be the first ones with a specific vehicle. This isn’t a new “dealership model”, or even “Raptor” model. The winners in the situation are not the people driving their Gen 3 to the mall before their neighbors, it’s the dealerships.

You know how this works, you don’t need a lesson from me, but if everyone refuses to buy at 20k over, they will no longer sell at 20k over. In fact, we can also blame a platform such as this forum for driving the prices as well.

Simple economics….

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The model will change when the “people” choose not to buy at ridiculous prices. You and I are good, we both refuse to buy a truck over MSRP, and I’ll go a step further and say I refuse to buy one “AT” MSRP: Below invoice or bust!!

However, there are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of people who are willing to shell out 20k over just so they can be the first ones with a specific vehicle. This isn’t a new “dealership model”, or even “Raptor” model. The winners in the situation are not the people driving their Gen 3 to the mall before their neighbors, it’s the dealerships.

You know how this works, you don’t need a lesson from me, but if everyone refuses to buy at 20k over, they will no longer sell at 20k over. In fact, we can also blame a platform such as this forum for driving the prices as well.

Simple economics….
so what is the simple economics if everybody buys at or under invoice?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not everyone is as educated in the car buying business. So while we may all refuse to pay over, there's probably 100 other Joe Shmoes that just walk in and pay whatever the dealer is asking for (not necessarily just for a Raptor either)

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can only speak for dealer allocations not deals.

But these additional fees and up-pricing tactics are indescribable here—the language I need to use is not suitable for all audiences.

use the language before I do. 10k over msrp? May the bluebird of happiness shit in their Cheerios.

OP
OP
dj30417

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
I can’t I won’t be able to stop and then I’d have to go to an overpriced dealer and do it right. I already have one dealer from the past who told me to get off the lot and not come back. I have no filter face to face.