Gen 3 2021 Ford Raptor with 37's has a different frame, than 2021 Raptor with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of Raptor buyers will be checking the 37” tire option. Manufacturing 2 slightly different frames and shocks for 35” and 37” tires was a smart marketing move by Ford. Buyers of 35” Raptors who want to upgrade to 37’s will now be thinking twice before attempting the swap.

Buyers of used 3rd generation Raptors with 37’s will only need to check the spare tire area to confirm if 37’s came from the factory or if the owner attempted a non factory upgrade.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a lot of Raptor buyers will be checking the 37” tire option. Manufacturing 2 slightly different frames and shocks for 35” and 37” tires was a smart marketing move by Ford. Buyers of 35” Raptors who want to upgrade to 37’s will now be thinking twice before attempting the swap.

Buyers of used 3rd generation Raptors with 37’s will only need to check the spare tire area to confirm if 37’s came from the factory or if the owner attempted a non factory upgrade.

Good points. I think it depends on how much the bundle costs. If all you need to go to 37s is a cutting torch and no need for a trailer hitch, I could see it happening a lot. It's a good excuse for an aftermarket rear bumper, too. And I think that many used buyers won't care if the 37s are OEM or not. We will, but they won't. Look at how many don't notice the difference between 801a and 802a ... Raptor, check, leather seats, check, I'll take it.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it will be $10k. Even "less than $6k" would probably be $5,995. No matter, it's a ton of money to pay for slightly bigger tires.

Ford didn't even need to offer 37s. IMO since they cancelled the SCAB and the previous 800A package that almost nobody bought, they are now using 37s as another way to turn a $53k base MSRP truck into a $75k truck like they did last time. Making 801A the new 800A, and getting rid of the SCAB, they need some new boxes to tick for us to bump the price up over $70k.

Again IMO the 37 performance package is designed for Ford to milk a lot more profit on these trucks at virtually zero additional cost to Ford. You get different fox shocks (you already paid for fox shocks), different tires (you already were paying for 35s), different seats (you already paid for seats), stickers (stickers are virtually free). So maybe $500, $1k max of upgrade cost to Ford, easily a $5,995 package to you the buyer.

You now have a 5-link rear truck on 37s FROM THE FACTORY WITH A WARRANTY. This is the holy grail of use it when you want off-roading. You could always build bigger and better cheaper, but Raptors by nature are worry free expensive toys. If you wanted a more capable truck for desert running, you'd buy a back halfed Ranger for 50k lol.

Milo12

Reaction score
I'd rather save the thousands Ford will overcharge for the 37's and upgrade other items on the truck. If I have a warranty claim I can bolt the 35's back on and the dealer will never know. Forscan will probably have a setting for 35 and 37 inch tires so that's easy.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am curious to see the pricing and how much has gone up from the Gen2 loaded vs Gen3, I see a lot of gen2 on the market place for sale now with low kms here in Canada. Not sure when the pricing for Gen3 will be available.