Gen 3 2021 Ford Raptor with 37's has a different frame, than 2021 Raptor with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this in-fact true that the shocks are different or is this just being assumed? The travel could be achieved easily by longer bump stops or if it is a truly a different rear frame section, the shock mounts could be in a different position to limit travel.

I am sure if 37's are added to the non-37 package that Ford will consider it grounds for possible warranty denial as you are still modifying "out of factory spec" even though they will be offering 37's from the factory.

From what I have read and seen. Yes, the 37 come with different shocks that limit the travel (1 inch) also the front 37 shocks have a larger diameter shaft as well as different valving and programming for the live valve.
Which why I question the different frames on 37 to 35. It will be very easy to swap out the shocks and tires for the 37 on the production line... however if there is a different frame (only difference believed to be the rear support to make room for the spare) it would be a manufacturing nightmare. What would they do? Make a 50/50 split on the frames? Then what happens when most people buy the 35 and they have a surplus of 37 frames left over (or vice versa) I’m willing to put money on it’s the same frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two different frames is really a slap in the face to guys who don't tick the 37 box.

And an even bigger slap to the guy who buys a 35 off the lot thinking he can put his own 37s on later.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have read and seen. Yes, the 37 come with different shocks that limit the travel (1 inch) also the front 37 shocks have a larger diameter shaft as well as different valving and programming for the live valve.
Which why I question the different frames on 37 to 35. It will be very easy to swap out the shocks and tires for the 37 on the production line... however if there is a different frame (only difference believed to be the rear support to make room for the spare) it would be a manufacturing nightmare. What would they do? Make a 50/50 split on the frames? Then what happens when most people buy the 35 and they have a surplus of 37 frames left over (or vice versa) I’m willing to put money on it’s the same frame

These trucks are made to order, just-in-time manufacturing. There is no build without a dealer order, there are no extra frames waiting around.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
42F7DDD4-E02F-4483-A8E0-56C917DC28D8.jpeg View attachment 161421

I’m sure the front has a different shock mostly as the bump stop is integrated to the shock. So I would assume the 37 front shocks have a 1” longer bump stop and whatever changes. As for the rear, the shocks would not be used to limit travel. That would destroy them. The 37 would only need to worry about compression. So I would assume a 1” taller rear bump stop.

As for the spare tire holder. I’m sure it’s a different bracket that gets welded in.

Last edited:

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These trucks are made to order, just-in-time manufacturing. There is no build without a dealer order, there are no extra frames waiting around.

Right... same scenario, you would have to have two different frames ready to go. The parts have to be built in advance. The trucks are made to order from those parts

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 161423 View attachment 161421
I’m sure the front has a different shock mostly as the bump stop is integrated to the shock. So I would assume the 37 front shocks have a 1” longer bump stop and whatever changes. As for the rear, the shocks would not be used to limit travel. That would destroy them. The 37 would only need to worry about compression. So I would assume a 1” taller rear bump stop.

As for the spare tire holder. I’m sure it’s a different bracket that gets welded in.

In that picture, let’s say it’s for a 37, and that back bracket the 37 tire fits. The 35 would fit in that same space with no changes right??? So why in the world would there be 2 different frames?