GEN 2 running boards on a GEN 1??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since I own a Gen 2 as well as a Gen 1 I liked running boards of the gen 2 a lot wider and better grip from the coating. Found some Gen 2 Scab takeoffs while ago never got around to trying them, or see what needed make them fit. On Facebook met SVTLOL . He custom made brackets for his Gen 1 crew cab for Gen 2 running boards i contacted him and went down to Tucson to see if his brackets would work. They do he has to make couple design tweaks so his brackets are universal for crew cab and super cab . They are beefy all made out of 1/4 steel . Boards sit about inch higher. I'm sure he will chime in on availability ,cost and become a supporting vendor.

20210213_160507.jpg

20210213_160520.jpg

20210213_160452.jpg

20210213_160446.jpg

Svtlol

Reaction score
These are the only sets made so far. I can keep the design up close and tight to the body or more like stock. These were really over built, and honestly not cost affective at all. This took an absolute TON of R&D, and they will be built not quite as beefy to make it more cost affective and can either be made more to the stock height or up close to the body. If there is a big interest, then I would have multiple sets made and sell them. You can find me more on IG under HardLineMetal.

Smilodon

Reaction score
We could use a set for our '13 SCREW! There were no running boards on it when we bought her. All We can find are Gen II boards.

mxavierr

Reaction score
These are the only sets made so far. I can keep the design up close and tight to the body or more like stock. These were really over built, and honestly not cost affective at all. This took an absolute TON of R&D, and they will be built not quite as beefy to make it more cost affective and can either be made more to the stock height or up close to the body. If there is a big interest, then I would have multiple sets made and sell them. You can find me more on IG under HardLineMetal.
How much for a set of brackets. Stock
hight. Thxs ship to IN