Gen 2 rescues Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4L or Baja mode and there's the torque. Tough one to solve.

Baja Mode... lol

Please explain how that produces more low end torque.

As for 4L, sure, more leverage helps the Taurus motor pull, but it's still a Taurus motor.

Bottom line... stock... heat soaked... modded... the Gen 2 is a great truck... waiting for a great engine.

atomictyler

Reaction score
Baja Mode... lol

Please explain how that produces more low end torque.

It spools the turbos....which creates torque. tricky stuff.

Also, pretty wild they used a taurus motor in the GT. I better get myself a taurus and a body kit.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It spools the turbos....which creates torque. tricky stuff.

Also, pretty wild they used a taurus motor in the GT. I better get myself a taurus and a body kit.

No dummy. It leaves the throttle blade open when you let off the gas to keep the turbos spinning longer so that when you get back on the gas boost lag is reduced.

It doesn't "spool the turbos". Only exhaust pressure can do that. And the dinky Taurus motor doesn't have much of that at low RPM.

You don't have a Ford GT motor. You are a fool. And you've been fooled.

atomictyler

Reaction score
No dummy. It leaves that throttle blade open when you let off the gas to keep the turbos spinning longer so that when you get back on the gas boost lag is reduced.

It doesn't "spool the turbos". Only exhaust pressure can do that. And the dinky Taurus motor doesn't have much of that at low RPM.

You don't have a Ford GT motor. You are a fool. And you've been fooled.

oh really? I don't have a GT motor? HOLY SHIT!!! Almost like I don't have a taurus motor either.

If NA didn't suck so much at altitude I'd have considered a Gen1, but I'm perfectly happy with a Gen2. Haters gonna hate.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh really? I don't have a GT motor? HOLY SHIT!!! Almost like I don't have a taurus motor either.

If NA didn't suck so much at altitude I'd have considered a Gen1, but I'm perfectly happy with a Gen2. Haters gonna hate.

Are you saying Ford never put a 3.5 liter Ecoboost in the Taurus?

I think the lack of oxygen at altitude is affecting your brain.

atomictyler

Reaction score
Are you saying Ford never put a 3.5 liter Ecoboost in the Taurus?

I think the lack of oxygen at altitude is affecting your brain.

Are you saying the GT isn't a 3.5 liter ecoboost?

You're arguing against yourself here. We both know the Gen 2 engine isn't the same 3.5 as the GT and isn't the same 3.5 as the taurus. I know it's hard for some people to comprehend that just because a vehicle has the same displacement that it doesn't mean it's the same engine.

Anyways, enjoy your truck, I'm sure it's awesome regardless of what year it is. There's no point in wasting more time on someone who is stuck in the past and can't acknowledge that technology improves. Cheers.