Gen 2 rear is TOO lightly sprung! needs airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, you were 750lbs+ over the payload limit and you created this thread to complain about sag.

And to think I wondered why the Gen 1 crowd is so tired about people asking about towing.

It's always the same bitching and moaning, and morons asking the same question about how to exceed the limits of their truck. There is a reason the towing website exists.

@Renomaan go buy a truck rated to tow and haul your cargo before you kill someone and are 100% liable with no insurance coverage because you exceeded your towing and payload ratings.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Ford: "Here's the towing specs for the Raptor...don't exceed these"

2017-ford-raptor-towing-specs-rating.png

Renomaan: Hold my beer...

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you were 750lbs+ over the payload limit and you created this thread to complain about sag.

And to think I wondered why the Gen 1 crowd is so tired about people asking about towing.

My trailer loaded w two roadkings is well under 5K

The tongue weight on the hitch was exceeded , but as pointed out, my meager toyota tacoma pulled the same rig, same load with no issues.

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love these TROLLS who like to stir shit wo even knowing what they are saying!
Do everyone a favor and stay under your dark bridge!

Forums are for helping people out, not berating them to make your lame excuse for a personality seem noble in cyberspace.

No where did I even come close to PAYLOAD limit! which is spec'd at 8000 lb for the GEN2. My trailer loaded w two roadkings is well under 5K

The tongue weight on the hitch was exceeded , but as pointed out, my meager toyota tacoma pulled the same rig, same load with no issues.

Maybe you belong with the guys who spent 70K for a pc of metal that jumps 10 feet off the ground and cant do anything else efficiently but help the owner be noticed?

My rig will do both, now go jump a dirt pile and feel useful!

Whats you GVWR? Your max payload?

Oh your max payload is 1000lbs if you have a SCAB and 1200lbs if you have a SCREW.

So lets see you have 4 adults (lets be generous and use the 2010 CDC average weight) at 166lbs each. So thats 664lbs.

You have 400lbs of wood.

You have 850lbs of trailer tongue weight.

So you have ~1914lbs of payload so you are at least 700lbs over your GVWR!

Your probably under your GCVW though so your ok there.

FfJ1v2Q.png

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You forgot his 200lbs worth of equipment. I was being generous in my 750-lb estimate, assuming that his three friends were 125lb girls.

Lol, girls.

At 166lbs each, he'd be 914lbs over the limit.

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I love these TROLLS who like to stir shit wo even knowing what they are saying!
Do everyone a favor and stay under your dark bridge!

Forums are for helping people out, not berating them to make your lame excuse for a personality seem noble in cyberspace.

No where did I even come close to PAYLOAD limit! which is spec'd at 8000 lb for the GEN2. My trailer loaded w two roadkings is well under 5K

Maybe you belong with the guys who spent 70K for a pc of metal that jumps 10 feet off the ground and cant do anything else efficiently but help the owner be noticed?

My rig will do both, now go jump a dirt pile and feel useful!

I'd like to mention the fact that you said you did not have a weight distributing hitch, in which case your limits are 500 tongue and 5000 max. Please refer to the handy chart I posted above. The truck will tow just fine within those parameters.

I'd also like to take issue with your last statement, which is pure idiocy. This is a purpose built off-road truck. In much the same way that an F350 dually is a purpose built tow rig. Can they be made to do each others jobs? Sure they can, but they won't do them equally well.

So in your internet rage you tell people that using the truck for its intended purpose is dumb, trivial, whatever you want to call it. Grow some thicker skin cupcake.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to mention the fact that you said you did not have a weight distributing hitch, in which case your limits are 500 tongue and 5000 max. Please refer to the handy chart I posted above. The truck will tow just fine within those parameters.

I'd also like to take issue with your last statement, which is pure idiocy. This is a purpose built off-road truck. In much the same way that an F350 dually is a purpose built tow rig. Can they be made to do each others jobs? Sure they can, but they won't do them equally well.

So in your internet rage you tell people that using the truck for its intended purpose is dumb, trivial, whatever you want to call it. Grow some thicker skin cupcake.

Even with a 500lbs tongue trailer he'd be 200lbs over payload because he can't math and can't read!