Gen 2 Owner demographics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Post: I’m a 33 year old and this is actually my first truck in 15 years. I’ve typically been a sports car guy; Nissan 350Z, Nissan GTR. But the Raptor does a decent job of scratching that itch while being great for my family and 2 dogs.

It’s a great vehicle. I’m only 6 days into my purchase of a Oxford White 17’, But so far, this thing is the perfect vehicle for me.

Last edited:

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just interested in a rough demographic of Gen 2 owners. I would guess:

1)Gen 2 Raptor owners tend to come from a sports car background - LSX, Mustang, Subaru, Porsche, BMW etc - and have had reasonable to extensive experience modding, tracking, obsessing

2)Gen 2 owners may have the Raptor as a secondary vehicle to a daily driver and probably not as their main performance vehicle

3)owners may be 40+ in age in the median range

4)owners may have never owned an true off-road vehicle (true rock crawling FJ/CJ/TJ/JK or Rallye style race car) but may have had a Grand Cherokee, Range Rover, X5/X6, non-lifted premium 4x4 Full sized pickup

How far "off" (or "on") am I?
2360tj.jpg

Ha, ha always wanted to use that!

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1)Gen 2 Raptor owners tend to come from a sports car background - LSX, Mustang, Subaru, Porsche, BMW etc - and have had reasonable to extensive experience modding, tracking, obsessing

2)Gen 2 owners may have the Raptor as a secondary vehicle to a daily driver and probably not as their main performance vehicle

3)owners may be 40+ in age in the median range

4)owners may have never owned an true off-road vehicle (true rock crawling FJ/CJ/TJ/JK or Rallye style race car) but may have had a Grand Cherokee, Range Rover, X5/X6, non-lifted premium 4x4 Full sized pickup

I'll play...but will not do bullet points

My vehicle background is falling in love with desert motorcycle riding at 10 yrs old (that was 1969) but my first car was a Datsun 510 I set up for road racing and I realized I'm a suspension freak...next car was a Baja Bug (1978) and that was it...all I owned after that was trucks set up for desert running...

My last vehicle was a 2004 Titan 2wd set up with mid travel...was a DD and worked well off road for what it was.

I've been building my own trucks all my adult life, and spent many years fabricating race cars for road racing, drag racing and off road. My specialty is TIG welding...

Why the Raptor? fell in love when I saw the first 2010 and have been a huge fan ever since..I'm now 59 yrs old and already did the whole work 24 hrs straight to get my truck ready for a big weekend event and such. I wanted a loaded truck that would be my DD and have the suspension chops to go off road to do mild pre-running without having to build it myself...My truck was 2 weeks old and I was jumping it...I will never be afraid to take it off road!!

Yeah....I'm middle class white guy...with NO wife to ask permission for what I want...

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 36. In the military(go figure)
Came from Mazdaspeeds that were modded.
Not rich.
I bought a 801a Scab for MSRP last January to keep my payment low.
Its my only vehicle currently which explains the 30K miles in 16 months.

My time is consumed with work and school currently.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the list for a 19, so not an owner yet.

Been into fast cars for years, yes I am old, 68. Had a 1969 Z-28 as my first high performance car. Took it to the drag races (won some, lost some) and drove really fast.

Owned 3 Corvettes, plus a ton of "normal" vehicles, and several Motor Cycles, last one a Gold Wing.

Got into off road fun around 2000 and Jeeps.

Now own a JKU Wrangler with a 6.1 Hemi and 40" tires, a JK on 37" tires. Live full time in a Motor Home and spend about 5 months in Moab where I also keep a RZR 1000.

Will use the Raptor to tow behind the MH and do seasonal roads and mild off road (mild for me is rough for most) use during the summer, and a vehicle to do site seeing as we travel around. Will do some mods, as I have done on all my vehicles in the last 20 years. Can't wait to get it.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37, ER/Trauma nurse.

I've loved cars since I was a little kid. I've owned m3's, a wrx, a few tuned and lifted diesel trucks and now the raptor. I like the raptor because it satisfies alot of my "wants." It looks cool, rides nice, is fairly quick, can be taken offroad, room for the family, an amazing truck straight off the showroom floor, and will tow the boat.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.) Yes. Used to own nothing but sports cars. Definitely not the typical sports cars that everyone around here has. Last car before the Raptor's was a '95 Thunderbird Supercoupe. Came from the factory with a 3.8L Supercharged motor. Needless to say, the motor wasn't stock for long. 4.2L stroker with a 1.7L Autorotor (twin-screw), methanol injection, etc etc etc. Best thing about that car was beating up on Mustangs, Camaros, etc.

2.) Unfortunately it is my main peformance vehicle. Not intended to be a daily driver, but the wife likes it so much it may turn into one.

3.) 28. Second raptor. Military.

4.) First truck was a 2012 Ram 1500 Sport. Second truck I ever owned was a 2013 Raptor Screw in Race Red.

There is a difference between the average Raptor owner and the average Raptor owner that spends time on forums and groups.

Based on what I've seen driving around in the real world:

1) Most Raptors don't have any visual mods and are most likely fully stock.

2) I also suspect most of them have not been on dirt roads, let alone a trail.

3) Most are owned by middle age, rich, white guys in the suburbs or just outside of large cities with big houses.

4) I also think most are daily driven. Of course that is harder to judge since garage princesses rarely see the light of day.

5) Given the difference in ADMs across the country, the Raptor is far more popular in the western half of the country and is the least popular in the midwest. No doubt popularity is driven by economic and geographical reasons.

6) Most Raptors are bought for its looks and status versus it's off-road utility.

1.) This is entirely true where I live. The only modded truck I see is my old 2013 Raptor with all the Rogue Racing stuff.

2.) I honestly don't think that guy has ever taken it off road. Every other raptor appears to be entirely stock and is always way to clean.

3.) Most of them are actually close (or appear to be) 50yrs of age, government contractors, who live in a tiny town.

4.) They all appear to be daily driven.

5.) I would agree.

6.) Exact reason all of these were bought around here. Government contractors wanting to make a statement. It's the same reason you see Maserati's driving around on these crappy roads (some of them being dirt.)

-Corey

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Close:

58 years old white suburban dude with 2.5 kids
DD and will do ~20K miles a year
5th F150 I've had in the last 20 years but first 4x4.
Ain't gunna lie, I bought it because I FREAK'N LOVE THE LOOKS OF IT!
I do light off-roading at friends property but nothing even close to serious. I use it to tow my cars as well.
Additionally have 1 sports car and 1 classic
3 KTM Bikes of different sizes

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 years old, have had dirtbikes, streetbikes, a couple lifted trucks, and a few 60's musclecars and cruisers. My Raptor replaced a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that rusted apart after 120k miles.

I don't have any other vehicles at this time, just a Honda Grom and a Harley Road King Classic that I've done a bunch of work to but is still slow.

Bought a Raptor because I've always liked offroad oriented trucks and after driving a couple other gen 1's and a gen 2 they were definitely worth the premium over a regular F150. Love the look, the powertrain, and pretty much everything else about it! It does much better at the sand dunes than my Ram did too.

chididdy123

Reaction score
27 yo. '18 Raptor was my first "adult" purchase. Previously driven hand-me down cars (Acura Rsx, TL, and Scion TC).

Never really pictured myself in a truck... I was seriously considering a porsche cayman or even a used SL63, but when I saw a GEN 2 in person I was instantly in love. Long story short, the raptor checked off all the boxes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc