Gen 2 Owner demographics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score

on the list for a 19 have a ram 1500 (which I got for a sweet deal in 2014) to use as collateral down pmnt. Don’t care about the status just love the off-road capability of the truck. I will probably keep it down low that I’m even going to be getting a raptor I’ll just tell ppl I have a f150[emoji23].

Will off road at silver lake sand dunes in MI and look into other trips.

Pretty frugal in some regard. Don’t spend much time with bad habits such as drinking gambling smoking Ect. Haven’t gotten into any toys and this will be first real toy/daily.

Luckily my job pays for fuel and cell phone so I have a few less expenses then normal, which I appreciate that I can do that.

Can’t wait for the build sheet and I want live a little before I settle down and get married ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
400a
GT performance pkg
Manual
Already replaced the chrome 5.0 emblems with black
Installed a JL audio sub and amp
No other mods planned for now but a CAI and tune is tempting
Oh and a booster and full size car seat

Nice are those Recaro child seats? :) I like the stealth look of the white with tinted windows. Do you have the performance exhaust that you can open/close and even set times for quite vs. sport mode? I've found with the Shelby if I turn on the ignition, (but don't start yet), the exhaust will cycle and it will start in non-sport exhaust mode (good for early AM starts) but if you just get in and start that FPC ROARS to life...sorta dig it ;)

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Nice are those Recaro child seats? :) I like the stealth look of the white with tinted windows. Do you have the performance exhaust that you can open/close and even set times for quite vs. sport mode? I've found with the Shelby if I turn on the ignition, (but don't start yet), the exhaust will cycle and it will start in non-sport exhaust mode (good for early AM starts) but if you just get in and start that FPC ROARS to life...sorta dig it ;)

The one on the left is a Recaro car seat. They don’t make a booster and actually stopped offering car seats in the USA now completely.

I couldn’t find a manual car with the active exhaust option anywhere so I just bought one locally without it. The factory exhaust sounds good enough for me. I’d compare it to the Fox body Flowmaster 3 chamber. It’s not too tame but not obnoxious and droney either.

Njraptorfan

Reaction score
85 f250 used,then 97 f150 new,then 07 f150 used, now 17 raptor new.always wanted one 07 cam phaser acting up,wife said go order your last truck you will own,ha,ha. Can’t afford it but who cares kids out of school now. You only live once and you can’t take it with you.other vehicles 12 focus daughters,15 explorer sport wife’s. Bleed blue all the way.daily driver and I drive it like I stole it , sport mode always. 49 years btw

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just interested in a rough demographic of Gen 2 owners. From this forum I recognize some names I have seen on other enthusiast forums, and based on the comments and suggestions I have read I would guess:
How far "off" (or "on") am I?

1)Never owned a sports car (unless you call a Cavalier 2 door a sports car ha)

2)I am provided a company car so the Raptor is not my daily

3)I am 32 yrs old

4)Yes, First truck was a 2001 F150 supercrew Lariat, then went to a 2013 Raptor supercrew, then to a 2018 Raptor Supercrew and they see plenty of trail riding and sand dunes I can assure you (no pavement princesses here).

Last edited:

MurMech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 33 and have always had my eye on a raptor since about 2012 and finally pulled the plug after owing a 2015 XLT. I would use it as my daily driver but my work is 50 miles one way.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not think I fit into your typical Raptor demographic, since my first F150 had a home-made 10" lift with 40" tires, 8 bright yellow Monroe shocks and a Super Cobra Jet 429 CI with dual-quad carbs from a 1970 Torino. Not your typical mall crawler, but I was young and I did not care that it got only 6-8 MPGs and wandered all over the road at highway speeds.

I waited until Ford released the 6.2L at the end of 2010 before buying my first Raptor. I kept waiting for the Gen 2 TT or SC V8, but once I heard the 2019s were not going to have one, I quickly picked up a 2018 off the lot of a local dealer. At only $1500 under MSRP, it was the closest I ever came to paying sticker for a vehicle in my life.

The attached picture was after the first round of modifications to my original F150 when I was at 6" of lift with 35s on 15" white wagon wheels. And yes, the truck survived this particular trip to the Michigan sand dunes, even though there were many it did not. (I broke transfer cases, drive shafts, axle shafts, bed bolts, shock mounts and even cracked the rims one time...)

I was driving fast and jumping Ford pickups a couple of decades before the Raptor was even conceived, so yes, they were a dream come true for me. :biggrin:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2e9.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2e9.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 35

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as whether there is a difference in demographic between the first and second gen Raptors.

I saw a lot of young people driving the gen 1s but so far the gen 2s I've seen are older drivers. I'm thinking the 20k price difference may have made a difference

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen2 is the first truck I’ve owned and first car I ever drove was a Ford Bronco II which was a tank. I have owned MR2 turbo, Evo X, Civic, Volts, and Pathfinder. It is an amazing truck and even my Jeep buddies are impressed with the refinement of the truck and capability. It is a true Swiss Army knife, but I daily drive a Volt since my gas bill would be $300-$400 per month if I commuted to work.

The only negative is when you are running errands or getting gas people always want to talk to you about it, but I’m always in a rush. Perfect zombie apocalypse truck as long as you have enough gas. I can only manage to get 12-15mpg, but I only drive it in Sport. It also saved my life on my most recent move by the computer applying the brakes when I was towing a trailer that I didn’t notice swaying. Wife refers to it as the stupid truck, but deep down I know she likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious as whether there is a difference in demographic between the first and second gen Raptors.

I saw a lot of young people driving the gen 1s but so far the gen 2s I've seen are older drivers. I'm thinking the 20k price difference may have made a difference

Same reason you see mostly 40+ in current gen BMWs and 20 somethings in older gen BMWs. Some people can afford to buy new, others can only buy used and probably still need financing.