Gen 1 Reversing Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorlander

Reaction score
I bought a lifted gen 1 a couple of years ago, previous owner had the lift kit installed. Didn't know this till I made a purchase of 17 in SVT wheels to replace the 18s it came with. I've read all over the place and there are some things here and there on reverse a lift kit (and how hard it would be). I recently saw a new member check in post about the same thing. I can't sell it for many reasons and have invested time and money in it already.

Currently it's a crabtech (Fabtech) 4 in lift. They cut the bottom portion of the rear cross member brackets where it bolts to the actual cross member. The mount of the axle closes to the drive shaft was cut off and other than repurchasing the parts that were scrap (pics attached), those are the only real issues with returning it back to stock.

Parts I believe I'll need:
L/R Spindles
Both front bottom shock bushings
Rear blocks and u bolts
Cross member
Bottom portion of the LCA/Cross member bracket that was cut (probably from a junk yard, Raptor specific or F-150 could work?)
Front axle (this portion I'm not sure I need since the axle is already mounted in two other points? (probably from a junk yard, Raptor specific or F-150 could work?))

A lot of work but the pros out weigh the cons (more capabilities for future upgrades, center of gravity when overlanding/off-roading, less wear, lighter, minor MPG increase, height clearance issues, etc.)

I recently did the oil pan gasket with this stupid lift and it was a nightmare... all to get enough clearance to remove the oil pan.

I believe @griford has done this already reversal already and checking on his expertise.

I've reached out to Fabtech, Texas Motorworxs, Texas Shocks Works, and several other ppl with no response.

Any insight on doing this would be greatly appreciated and would make my year if I can get this gen 1 back to it's original capabilities.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 167772View attachment 167773View attachment 167774

Reaction score
if it were me I would look around and just find another raptor, what dealers are paying for them right now you very well could come out farther ahead and wont have to worry if your opening a can of worms when you start to undo the lift kit. I buy a couple dealers used cars and trucks for them at auction and a 2013 raptor with a factech lift went through the sale a few weeks ago, the truck was tacky and had issues the only thing going for it was good miles it had 88k miles and it sold for 38k needed tires check engine light was on along with abs light. The dealer that bought it sold it for 43k in a little over 3 weeks and all they did was clean it no tires and told the customer the abs light was because of the lift.

OP
OP
Raptorlander

Raptorlander

Reaction score
if it were me I would look around and just find another raptor, what dealers are paying for them right now you very well could come out farther ahead and wont have to worry if your opening a can of worms when you start to undo the lift kit. I buy a couple dealers used cars and trucks for them at auction and a 2013 raptor with a factech lift went through the sale a few weeks ago, the truck was tacky and had issues the only thing going for it was good miles it had 88k miles and it sold for 38k needed tires check engine light was on along with abs light. The dealer that bought it sold it for 43k in a little over 3 weeks and all they did was clean it no tires and told the customer the abs light was because of the lift.
Already bought all the parts I need to do the reversal. Just waiting on the rear blocks and x-member. I can't believe someone paid that much for it after it's been tampered with. From all I've read and after a couple of back and forth emails with Chris from Freedom, not scared to take this "project" on. I've done the heater core on it and after going through the pain of replacing the oil pan gasket with this lift, I don't see it being that much harder. Def costs more than the POS lift it came with but I'll be happy getting back to it's original potential.