Gen 1 Cats vs boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you boosted guys have removed your cats? What gains did you see? How did it change the decibles of the exhaust?

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've removed mine.
I'm not sure about the gain because I removed them when I put my TT setup on... But...I'm guessing it makes a notable difference in any forced induction setup. What I can say is that cutouts make a huge difference. I have not checked the difference in whp on a dyno between cutouts open vs closed, but I know from watching my boost gauge that with cutouts open, i make a full 20% more boost compared to having them closed. So I would conclude that a cat delete makes a difference.

As for increasing the decibels, the TT setup I have on my Raptor, without cats, is quieter than my wife's Raptor with cats, both with identical catback exhaust systems. Not surprising since the turbos make for really pricey mufflers. You'll have to talk to someone with a screw to see how much louder its going to be by deleting cats. I would guess that there is a definite decibel increase.