Gear Number/Status on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think I still feel a gear 2 skip, but it seems to go through all the gears other than 2. Hard to tell. It is certainly smoother than my 2020.

I also seem to think Gen3 skips a gear or just rolls through 3-5th like its all one. Its like the middle gears turn into a centrifugal clutch like feeling.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think I still feel a gear 2 skip, but it seems to go through all the gears other than 2. Hard to tell. It is certainly smoother than my 2020.
Interesting. I seem to think its 3rd and up. But it beats me. I just know I feel something. And yes, its much much nicer than gen2. I also find that the throttle mapping is much improved. I see no need for a pedal commander with this gen.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I seem to think its 3rd and up. But it beats me. I just know I feel something. And yes, its much much nicer than gen2. I also find that the throttle mapping is much improved. I see no need for a pedal commander with this gen.
I think some of that is the extra low end torque. :) But yeah something about the Gen2s light pedal acceleration throttle mapping was lazy in normal mode. If you stomped on it all things were good, but not when pulling away easy from a light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter