Gawd Dayum Corsa Intake!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... I just successfully wasted two hours of a BEAUTIFUL saturday afternoon trying to install a Corsa Intake... aaaaand then re-installing all my stock stuff.

Are there different Corsa intakes for the 6.2L? Because I was either drop shipped the wrong one or they put the wrong sticker on the box at the factory.

The install of the radiator overflow bracket, tank and airbox went fine... with the exception of the trying to figure out WTF i was supposed to do with the hood switch and the electrical bracket at the back of the quarter panel. Thankfully a quick search on here sorted out the hood switch and showed that the rear electrical bracket was just crummy engineering and needed to be tweaked to fit.

aaaaand then I went to the last step, connect the airbox to the top of the intake. This is where i had to walk along the razors edge of absolute serenity and complete rage..... It didnt fit. The sleeve to connect the plastic Corsa tube to the intake was smaller than the darn intake. And then I had a serious WTF when I realized the Corsa tube was a good 10" too long and the completely wrong bend to connect the air box to the intake. Not to mention it also had two breather hose connection on it... and my stock setup had no breather hoses.

Anyone else have this issue? Does my 2013 have a odd setup or did I get some funky piece from a 5.4L kit? Either way, I'll be contacting the vender I bought it from to return this thing... disappointed as hell (mainly cause I coulda been drinking beers on the beach LOL)

Attachments

• 4rrJXdegNbRCJhPemwU8Zn8LJRWYGeU2FPmyQ5CaEl4HfatbcELEm5WMF1GBtjtQD2-ZYWXjRZyanJybdYIiDAS7jBHt3P8-.jpg
    4rrJXdegNbRCJhPemwU8Zn8LJRWYGeU2FPmyQ5CaEl4HfatbcELEm5WMF1GBtjtQD2-ZYWXjRZyanJybdYIiDAS7jBHt3P8-.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 183
  • N1CUM_fqM2477ycO0EZGV7qIpqZVcSrLaqfI2xOj4qxdLZc1T7g42M8OlfgElu3CGwrIYV3q5o8NN_7BNyhEDRkiUlWxBf-3.jpg
    N1CUM_fqM2477ycO0EZGV7qIpqZVcSrLaqfI2xOj4qxdLZc1T7g42M8OlfgElu3CGwrIYV3q5o8NN_7BNyhEDRkiUlWxBf-3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 176

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Drunktank, I responded to your PM. The intake resonator (the big box that says 6.2L on it) needs to be removed! The intake tube connects directly to the throttle body. I believe this will solve your issues and you can get back to the beer drinking!

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after two days of driving this thing with the intake on it... DAYUM! That REALLY brought the truck together! The engine has a much different sound to it... especially with a light drone (in a good way) right at 2000RPM. And the Corsa Exhaust sounds much throatier! Love it!!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well after two days of driving this thing with the intake on it... DAYUM! That REALLY brought the truck together! The engine has a much different sound to it... especially with a light drone (in a good way) right at 2000RPM. And the Corsa Exhaust sounds much throatier! Love it!!!

That's great and all but, how's the new neighbor doing?