Gas Mileage.....Impressed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am very thankful for it =)

The display seems within 1 mpg +/- when i work the numbers at the pump when i fill up, so i guess i got lucky.

I think the "secrets to it are: Keep Tire pressure at Max, no roof lightbars or such that cause extreme drag, use cruize control whenever possible....i use it most of the day, even on streets around town if im going more than a mile or so, and most importantly take it easy when accelerating from a stop. I save my romping on it to when im in the dirt.

--John

Per the recommendations from the Raptor assault instructors, I dropped my back tire pressures down slowly until I stopped at 33. Having tested from 38-36 up front, and 38-33 in rear, I've found 38-33 is the best overall. You get the same gas mileage as 38/38 but you get a lot more planted rear, and a bit smoother ride.

my overall average at 11k is 17.3. My normal commute is windy and hilly tho, so I've gotten up to 23.1 on a 120 mile trip.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1800 miles on my 2018 now. On my routine 100-mile round-trip drive, which has a speed limit of 50mph with a few 40mph sections and one 55mph section...I can get 22mpg. Coincidentally, that's exactly the mpg my 2017 F-350 diesel 4x4 dually would achieve with 415lb-ft more torque and at least 3,000 more pounds. Nevertheless, I'm extremely pleased. My Trip 2 average for all 1800 miles is 15.4mpg. I don't always drive nicely, and the truck has been used off-road and it tows heavy loads at least weekly.

For those who say "why'd you buy a Raptor if you drive it carefully for fuel economy?" I say that a lot of the Raptor is "not that you would, but could." Same reason people buy a Ferrari but never drive more than 80mph. And heck, if I bought a Ferrari, I'd also drive it gently at times to see what kind of mpg I could get, lol.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I’m just now potentially realizing the 2018 models have a giant lcd screen for all of the gauges save rpm and speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I’m just now potentially realizing the 2018 models have a giant lcd screen for all of the gauges save rpm and speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both 2017 and 2018 w/ 802A has the 8" productivity screen in the gauge cluster.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad ass. lol 802A or bust.

While it looks nicer than the 4.2" screen, it really doesn't add much functionality. My 800A only has the 4.2, but my 2017 F-350 has the 8" screen in the instrument cluster. The only added 'functionality' is that Nav directions can be displayed in the cluster while the Sync3 screen is on something else. I do like how the turn signals are rendered in the screen rather than being stand-alone lights. I guess one other 'functional' thing is these are the only Raptors with a turbo gauge, which can also be swapped to a transmission temp gauge.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Wondering why my 2018 MPG apparently sucks at 13.4 over 2,300 miles?

You need to reset that mileage meter at each fill up. Plus, if you use cruise everywhere, you will watch the green bar always remain high. If you Pedal it, you cannot do as well. On my 13 6.2, I managed 17 per tank home. Back and forth to work is about 15.7. These actually match the hand calculation per tank.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering why my 2018 MPG apparently sucks at 13.4 over 2,300 miles?

I saw a 2mpg improvement over the first 2k miles as the drivetrain broke in. First couple of tanks were 14-15 and that was on the highway. Now 16 around town and 20+ on the highway. Rest MPG and I bet you will see an improvement. Sport mode and 4A burn gas if you are using those.