Gas Mileage.....Impressed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my first (short) road trip about 120 miles one way through the mountains of NC and TN and averaged 19.4 when we arrived. That same trip in my 11’ Harley edition f150 was us usually was about 14 mpg. More power better mpg, I’ll take it.

brownkc81

Reaction score
Just filled my tank again and I have about 1300 miles on my 2018. Cluster said 17.6 for that tank and I checked at pump and averaged 15.2. Over 2 mpg off from the cluster. You can't go by the cluster as it is quite a bit off than actual. Check mileage at pump and you will be surprised.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Just filled my tank again and I have about 1300 miles on my 2018. Cluster said 17.6 for that tank and I checked at pump and averaged 15.2. Over 2 mpg off from the cluster. You can't go by the cluster as it is quite a bit off than actual. Check mileage at pump and you will be surprised.

Give it a few times and you will find that the computer will learn your method. Just keep resetting the mpg meter at every fill up and you will see that it is getting closer and closer with the miles

OP
OP
C

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I thought Federal law stated it had to be within 1% or something like that.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought Federal law stated it had to be within 1% or something like that.

Every time I've checked mine my computer has been pretty much spot on. Funny thing is I remember for awhile people were claiming the computer was more accurate than the gas pump calculation

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14.5 average here. On cruise at 75 I can get 19.x but anything more is driving like a granny and why do you need 510ft lbs and a $70k truck then?

I got 12.25 on a tank going from Dallas to Lubbock. Stock truck. Unloaded, cruise on, 93 octane. I’m headed home to Dallas tomorrow and I’m scratching my head thinking somethingisn’t right. That’s some crappy highway mpg.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IDGAF.
I haven't been this happy to burn fuel since I had the two Holley 4 bbl's on the 350 bored .060 over...I think I averaged 5 gallons to the mile on that Firechicken. :ROFLJest: