gas mileage for the 5.4 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carl86

Reaction score
I'm probably just the opposite, no off roading, commute to work(60mph) and mine reads 18.2

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my Raptor my dash says that i am getting 11.2 miles to the gallon, when my wiondow sticker says it is supposed to get like 16-18mpg.

As you "break" the engine in it will creep up. I'm seeing an increase in my fuel mileage, I'm at 15.1 with mixed hwy/city driving and over 17 on hwy alone at 75 mph avg speed. Recently I had to drive a 2 lane hwy and couldn't go over 50 in traffic for about 30 miles and reset just for the hell of it and got 19.2mpg with the cruse set which shocked me. But then again we didn't buy these guys for their mpg but "fpg" F as in FUN! I have about 11,500 on the odometer.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of factors to consider while calculating MPG's...one BIG factor is elevation!

When i was in Santa Barbara County, my 2005 F150 was getting 14Mpgs in the city, and damn close to 20 MPG on the highway...easily! thats going 80mph and so on..

took the SAME exact truck to Fort Collins CO, **** went all the way down to 15 to 16MPG on the highway! im at 6K elevation up here...now for my raptor to compare it to, since they were both 5.4L mills

My raptor is a 2 MPG difference between E85 and 87...on 87 octane, i can do 15MPG on the highway...with E85, i can do anywhere between 13MPG to 14MPG on a good well behaved day...

when i average out the entire tank...i get 11.5 with E85 (mixed city/hwy) and 13.5 with 87 (mixed city/hwy)

thats pretty impressive when compared to my old 2005 Lariat, which had a K&N air filter and true dual exhaust...(IMCO)

this is why everybody is seeing such a different on MPG read outs...and of course as what was already mentioned, how hard you punch and drive and light to light racing...need to pass people in the passing lane cause they made you click out of cruise control and so on lol

Philco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent last weekend in Dover DE and took my Raptor. I kept an eye on the mileage on the way back and running 87 octane (10% ethanol) I was getting between 20.5 and 22.2 MPG. Was running between 60 and 75, and the temp was 55 with a mild rain. Not bad at all for a truck this size.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MY 5.4 gets an incredible, amazing, ubelievable for a truck... 12.4 mpg average!!:kinglock::kinglock: WOOT WOOT! I am saving the planet! Although, one time heading down the I40 coming from Primm I did hit 19.8 mpg, driving like somebodys grandma. Then I got bored with the hypermiling and went all the way from Ludlow to the Outlet Center Drive off road. My mpg dropped acordingly:eek:

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my Raptor my dash says that i am getting 11.2 miles to the gallon, when my wiondow sticker says it is supposed to get like 16-18mpg.

Your not driving it right. Shouldn't be getting more than 10 to 10.5 tops.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And average speed for the tank of 55 MPH :mrgreen: Seriously you must have been babying the skinny pedal and/or driving downhill :thumbsup:

To get those numbers, he was probably doing both. The highest mine has ever gone was 19.8 going slightly downhill at 60mph steady. Boxcart, you bought the wrong truck. I think theres a hybrid bowtie if you want to drive like that!!!