Gas going to $2 a gallon by summer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get so tired of hearing the crap about gas going up. We heard the same thing last year and it never hit what they predicted (tried to get us to accept) what it was going to.

Here was my facebook status yesterday

Okay, remember you heard it here first. Just like last year, the media and oil companies are trying to prep us for high gas prices so that their stocks will rise and prices will go up. The last 2 days, 2 people have talked about gas going to 5 or 6 dollars a gallon this year. If we as people would quit being "SHEEP" and spreading these silly rumors, they will never come to be.

So, Here is the new rumor to pass around.

"Did you guys hear about gas prices this year. I heard on the news that gas is going to be the lowest it's been in years. They are talk close to $2.00 a gallon by summer!"

So, instead of passing ridiculous high numbers around pass this around! It starts now at 9:06am on 1/18/12. You can thank me this summer!

Quit being sheep for "the man" and helping to drive up their agenda.

Start passing around the $2 a gallon today on all the forums and your facebook!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I "liked" that status on your FB yesterday.

+1 to this post as well!

Everyone talking about gas going up, the gas stations are only going to increase it anyway, talking nonstop about it isn't making any difference. Guys who own the stations are watching the news too. Creating a hype over nothing yet, just further pushes them to raise the prices faster. "Well the public is expecting it, I may as well creep the prices up now and stay ahead of the curve".

Unless some people have a magic crystal ball to know wtf will happen this summer....if not, **** about $5/gal gas prices! lol

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think people will complain about gas prices regardless. If we compared our fuel prices to countries in Europe, Asia, or many other places in the world, our fuel is still cheaper by quite a substantial amount.

If people are seriously concerned about rising fuel costs, there are many ways to avoid such costs. And it seems that not many people have taken advantage of those ways... e.g. diesel engines running on waste vegetable oil, more economical vehicles, simply getting off their ****** and walk/run/bike to nearby destinations, or things as simple as inflating your tires properly... You'd be surprised how many people never check tire pressure and just drive around with a half inflated tire and never even realize...

Hell, fuel economy can be improved by just driving better. Sorry, people can't peel off every traffic light anymore :(

I just don't understand how people who drive Toyotas can bitch about fuel prices when they can't even maintain a fuel economy of over 22mpgs...

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2 would be a great... I couldn't see it going to $5 a gallon on an election year. I'm sure at some point it will be $5

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we compared our fuel prices to countries in Europe, Asia, or many other places in the world, our fuel is still cheaper by quite a substantial amount.

That is a misleading statement.
Gas in most countries overseas is more expensive because of the taxes attached. They pay the same per barrel that We do. We don't pay the user taxes on each gallon that they do. After all, if We have to police the worlds oil supply, We should get an "employee's discount"

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be happy if it hit $3 a gallon.
Up here it's already been over $5 a gallon during last summer.
It's 3.83 a gal right now.

Banned
Reaction score
That is a misleading statement.
Gas in most countries overseas is more expensive because of the taxes attached. They pay the same per barrel that We do. We don't pay the user taxes on each gallon that they do. After all, if We have to police the worlds oil supply, We should get an "employee's discount"

I don't see how it's misleading. Doesn't matter if it's taxes or not, they still have to pay more.

America polices the worlds oil supply?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how it's misleading. Doesn't matter if it's taxes or not, they still have to pay more.

America polices the worlds oil supply?

They try. OPEC controls it though. Iran needs it to be around 100/bbl, Saudi Arabia needs it to be 80/bbl. With the world wide economic factors looking like it is going to a bumpy but growth year overall, I do not see prices dropping this year. In a normal/growth period Feb oil prices should be around 60/bbl. I am not quite sure that we'll ever see that again any time soon.

Banned
Reaction score
Well, all I know is this shit needs to be cheaper. The difference between prices in Canada and the US should not be that different. It's cheaper for me to drive 1.5 hours to the border, fill up, and drive back.

Did it once during the summer. Can't remember how much was saved, but it was quite a bit.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but doing that in a Raptor would not be cheaper. Oh, you don't have one. ;)