FYI the harbor freight race jacks are on sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptrcrzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2ton jack and it has worked really well so far. No complaints.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Save your money and buy a good one.

Mine failed after using it to rotate the tires one day.

If you want to buy one for looks and carry it around in the bed of your truck for runs, then you might be alright. But it won't stand up to regular use.

I believe that is the goal here. To have a jack in the bed when on the road/trail. Don't think anyone expects it to perform every day.

BTW, what do you think is a quality jack worthy of you money.

(Disclaimer: I really am interested in your opinion. No dis intended)

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is the goal here. To have a jack in the bed when on the road/trail. Don't think anyone expects it to perform every day.

BTW, what do you think is a quality jack worthy of you money.

(Disclaimer: I really am interested in your opinion. No dis intended)

After the HF one failed, I bought the 3.5 ton jack from Napa NAPA AUTO PARTS

I've had it for a few years now, it rotates tires on our three vehicles. I'm not sure if it's good, but it's outlasted the cheap HF one...

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 3 ton matco that has served me well in the garage but it is heavy. I would not buy to carry around in the pickup just in case I need one, I have a HF one for that because it's lighter and a helluva lot better than the OEM jack.

-Quinn-

Reaction score
My local Costco has this model for $99.00. Not sure how it compares to the Harbor Freight model but I am sure the warranty is better through Costco.

Attachments

• 20150423_130715.jpg
    20150423_130715.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 135

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My local Costco has this model for $99.00. Not sure how it compares to the Harbor Freight model but I am sure the warranty is better through Costco.

The 2.5ton model as stated above is new and this one looks darn near identical to the HF models. Not sure who is making skid plates for these yet but at $99 that's a good deal.