Future Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I believe will bring an end to the Raptor unless there is a loophole to get around it and the Raptor being classified as a unique niche vehicle rather than a light duty truck.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have finalizedd a joint rule to establish a national program consisting of new standards for model year 2012 through 2016 light-duty vehicles that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve fuel economy. EPA is finalizing the first-ever national greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards under the Clean Air Act, and NHTSA is finalizing Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act.

The new standards apply to new passenger cars, light-duty trucks, and medium-duty passenger vehicles, covering model years 2012 through 2016. The EPA GHG standards require these vehicles to meet an estimated combined average emissions level of 250 grams of carbon dioxide (CO2) per mile in model year 2016, equivalent to 35.5 miles per gallon (mpg) if the automotive industry were to meet this CO2 level all through fuel economy improvements.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I believe will bring an end to the Raptor unless there is a loophole to get around it and the Raptor being classified as a unique niche vehicle rather than a light duty truck.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have finalizedd a joint rule to establish a national program consisting of new standards for model year 2012 through 2016 light-duty vehicles that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve fuel economy. EPA is finalizing the first-ever national greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards under the Clean Air Act, and NHTSA is finalizing Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act.

The new standards apply to new passenger cars, light-duty trucks, and medium-duty passenger vehicles, covering model years 2012 through 2016. The EPA GHG standards require these vehicles to meet an estimated combined average emissions level of 250 grams of carbon dioxide (CO2) per mile in model year 2016, equivalent to 35.5 miles per gallon (mpg) if the automotive industry were to meet this CO2 level all through fuel economy improvements.

I've looked into this previously and that's an AVERAGE of ALL the cars ACROSS the line. When Ford offers multiple 40+ MPG vehicles, one or two that get 14 aren't going to matter much.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
If they do cancel production and I hope they dont but if they do I would say it would coincide with a F-150 model change. looking back a few years its been 97, 04, 09 and ... 2014 would be my guess, maybe 2015.

Typically Ive always traded in when theres a new model but if they discontinue the Raptor, WTF ! I mean, what exactly do you go to after owning a Raptor for 5 years ??? Guess Ill have to hold on to one, anything else is pretty much a down grade.

Before I decided to buy the Rapture, I had a 2004 FX4, Dark charcoal. No moon roof, stock stereo, luxury package of the time I think with leather and power everything sept for the passenger seat. GREAT TRUCK! Had it 7 years and put 93,000 miles on it. It had a 5.4 and had everything I needed and did everything I needed it to do. It was the best vehicle I had owned in my 34 years of buying new cars and trucks.

I went looking at the dealer for a year end special on a new 2010 FX4 Just because I had herd of some real deals out there and my wife had paid off her Corvette and the truck was gonna need the 100,000 mile services soon. So I figured I take that $2000 I would spend dolling up the 04' and put it into a new truck. The dealer had some fantastic deals. I had a 2010 BLACK FX4 supercrew 5.4 all lined up. The 2012 did not have anything but the 5.0 offered! The sticker was $49K, $10K off for year end stuff, another $1000 for loyal customer stuff, minus the $12 K for my 04' FX4 and I was looking at financing $26-27 K for a new ride. It was a great deal. I just HATED the look of all the CHROME ******** this and that and that ****** UP looking fake wood grain crap! Oh and the hidious chrome rim around the tail lights that has always pissed me off.

SO for some damn reason I talked the BAG into the Raptor. Said it was probably the last NEW truck I will ever get because I want to retire sometime around 2015- 2020. So this was my BIG chance. I do not regret it one bit!

I just hope gas stays below $4 a gallon and that this thing will make 150,000 miles or more before I have to spend some cash on it. Oh, as it was I paid $49,875 and put down the $12 K from the FX4 and another $8000 to make my loan a $30,000 load. No big deal in todays market. Sighhhhhhh, I'm done! AHhahaaaaaaaaaa.
BDRAG

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they do cancel production and I hope they dont but if they do I would say it would coincide with a F-150 model change. looking back a few years its been 97, 04, 09 and ... 2014 would be my guess, maybe 2015.

Thats what will determine it. It's not them setting a date in the early years of "oh we'll build this one for 2 years or this one for 5 years". It has more to do with body style changes.

93-94-95 L, no L in 96 because 97 was one of the biggest transformations made to the f-150. No L in 97 or 98 because the revamped truck made sales on its own along with the introduction of mod motors in f150's. 99-04 Gen 2 L's. No L in '05 because the new body style was out.

00-01-02-03 HD F-150 trucks. No HD f150 in '04 because the redesign. No HD f150 in '05 either because still getting sales from the new body style. HD F-150 again in '06 when the new body style was "the norm" again and to bump some sales.

03-04 cobra, no cobra in '05 because the revamp of the mustang.

I'm actually surprised the GT500 is still around with the new mustangs having 5.0's, but I guess since the GT500 always had a different powertrain from the regular mustangs since day one, is why it's stuck around so long through several body iterations.

I'd bet the Raptor will disappear when the f-150 is redesigned again for a year, maybe two, then possibly come out again. BUT if it's just another minor facelift for the f-150, I'd think they'd roll the Raptor into the updates as well.

Nobody really knows though, so just enjoy what ya got now!

After December 2012, it wont matter anyways... Lol

haha thats why I ordered my 2012 SVT Raptor rather than waiting a year for a 2013! It'll come in handy during the apocalypse lol. :peace:

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I GUARENTEE a DX BLUE paint for 2013, because I pulled the trigger on a 2012 SZ BLUE but would have loved a matching Raptor for my Marauder. LOL

*jrwiii*

Reaction score
The only factory upgrade for future Raptors that I am looking for is paddle shifters on/behind the steering wheel. I am pleased with everything else offered. The aftermarket manufacturers can take care of any of the other upgrades that I am looking for.