Full Race Stock Location Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$4200 does seem steep for a couple baby turbos. I ran a billet wheel Garrett GTX3076r on my subaru and it was less than $1,800 for one.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They retain the stock housing so the gains will be modest. That 150whp gain is likely the theoretical max that the housings can flow. It's not the power gain that I have an issue with, a properly tuned truck would probably be quite fun on these but the price is a bit steep. Does nobody make a proper ball bearing turbo upgrade for these trucks yet? How is that possible 3 years in?

OP
OP
N

nclemens

Reaction score
$4200 does seem steep for a couple baby turbos. I ran a billet wheel Garrett GTX3076r on my subaru and it was less than $1,800 for one.

Yeah tell me about it... I ran a Forced Performance HTA3076R on my 07 STI. If I remember right it was right around $2000 with a ported/polished exhaust side.

Reaction score
these turbos are manufactured by precision turbo in Indiana. We are working on some higher power bolt on turbos with garrett now, but garrett moves slowly so it will be a little while

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
these turbos are manufactured by precision turbo in Indiana. We are working on some higher power bolt on turbos with garrett now, but garrett moves slowly so it will be a little while

I wasnt trying to shit on them in anyway, supply and demand is a factor im sure, and this seems more like a custom turbo, just damn at the price

Reaction score
Does nobody make a proper ball bearing turbo upgrade for these trucks yet? How is that possible 3 years in?
the issue is your LHS turbo is standard rotation, RHS turbo is reverse rotation. this doubles the R&D and tooling expense/dev time required. the only option for "proper ball bearing turbo upgrade" is our twin turbo kit which can use standard rotation BorgWarner EFR or Garrett G25 turbos

There should be garrett based upgrades available soon for our trucks.
ehhh, i dont know about that. garrett does not have a reverse rotation rotor group to suit this application (not yet)

I wasnt trying to shit on them in anyway, supply and demand is a factor im sure, and this seems more like a custom turbo, just damn at the price
no offense taken, and I agree the price is steep. As i mentioned these are precision turbo's product and pricing - not ours (not yet) .. thanks for not shooting the messenger

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the issue is your LHS turbo is standard rotation, RHS turbo is reverse rotation. this doubles the R&D and tooling expense/dev time required. the only option for "proper ball bearing turbo upgrade" is our twin turbo kit which can use standard rotation BorgWarner EFR or Garrett G25 turbos

ehhh, i dont know about that. garrett does not have a reverse rotation rotor group to suit this application (not yet)

no offense taken, and I agree the price is steep. As i mentioned these are precision turbo's product and pricing - not ours (not yet) .. thanks for not shooting the messenger

Thanks for the info about the reverse rotation RHS, I never considered that. I guess I had in my head it was a pair of the exact same turbos.