New larger turbos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saw that this morning. My thinking is that I'm pretty much maxed out with power on the stock turbos and I'm not really sure how much more you can throw at the stock internals before it goes boom.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I have a set of the new Stage 5 CRP turbos (bigger turbine outlet w/same S4 compressor), manifolds, and CPE downpipes waiting for me to install them when the required OEM parts get here. I'm near the stock turbo flow limit, but they really heat the air to get where I want them to go. I bought the CRP setup to allow more overhead (for now), not necessarily looking for more power (on stock rotating assy), just want more reliability/overhead with my current setup.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of the new Stage 5 CRP turbos (bigger turbine outlet w/same S4 compressor), manifolds, and CPE downpipes waiting for me to install them when the required OEM parts get here. I'm near the stock turbo flow limit, but they really heat the air to get where I want them to go. I bought the CRP setup to allow more overhead (for now), not necessarily looking for more power (on stock rotating assy), just want more reliability/overhead with my current setup.
Overhead? Can you elaborate? Thanks

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Overhead? Can you elaborate? Thanks

It means I'll have more turbo/airflow than required, such that I can set the tune any way I want without worrying(too much) about the boosted air temps and/or exhaust manifold pressure causing detonation and ventilating the block.

Turbocharger compressors are great to provide boost to the intake side, but in doing so, the turbine also creates a high pressure in the exhaust side. If pushing a relatively small turbocharger to deliver high-rpm boost, the exhaust manifold pressure can exceed the intake manifold pressure such that the extremely high-temp exhaust gasses can be blown back into the cylinder and go BOOM!.

Last edited:

jrm

Reaction score
I did the stage 4's and manifolds plus the other normal mods. I'm also on e85, tuned it up to 570 but dialed it back to 530. If I did it over again, I'd just do an intercooler/HPFP and e85 and hit around 500.

I live near e85