GEN 2 Full-Race Intercooler: Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muska

Reaction score
Mine is all good now. Just took an afternoon playing around with forscan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muska

Reaction score
How to do with forscan?

Once I got the sensor positioned correctly I got onto forscan and re-calibrated. (Not sure exactly the path) Then I had to drive over 35mph in a straight line for a while. It failed a couple times but then I got on the freeway and followed a semi-truck. Then it worked!

The other time I used a relocation bracket (not for the add pro bumper/intercooler), I didn’t have to do anything. Just stared driving and it worked.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I got the sensor positioned correctly I got onto forscan and re-calibrated. (Not sure exactly the path) Then I had to drive over 35mph in a straight line for a while. It failed a couple times but then I got on the freeway and followed a semi-truck. Then it worked!

The other time I used a relocation bracket (not for the add pro bumper/intercooler), I didn’t have to do anything. Just stared driving and it worked.

Cool, i ll try it tomorrow

Muska

Reaction score
Cool, i ll try it tomorrow

Good luck! I almost gave up a couple times driving around town. Just skip that mess and get on a long straight road.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've found often when the error occurs, if I switch (via steering wheel controls & cluster menu on 802a) to standard cruise control, then back to adaptive it "re-pings" the sensor. Doesn't always work, but more often than not it has. When that did not successfully work, a reboot of the truck or just some time on the road eventually enables adaptive cruise features again.

@Muska Myself and many others on other threads would love to hear more about what process/menu you used when in forscan to get to these settings. Ive read many threads here, on f150forums, etc and no where have I found anyone detail the steps to find this calibration setting. Thanks in advance

Muska

Reaction score
I've found often when the error occurs, if I switch (via steering wheel controls & cluster menu on 802a) to standard cruise control, then back to adaptive it "re-pings" the sensor. Doesn't always work, but more often than not it has. When that did not successfully work, a reboot of the truck or just some time on the road eventually enables adaptive cruise features again.

When it errors I have found that I have to turn the truck off then back on to make it work again. Nothing else has worked for me.

@Muska Myself and many others on other threads would love to hear more about what process/menu you used when in forscan to get to these settings. Ive read many threads here, on f150forums, etc and no where have I found anyone detail the steps to find this calibration setting. Thanks in advance

The only thing I have used forscan for is re-calibration from a lost sensor. It’s under “service procedures” ACC calibration then the process starts.

Keith Buckman

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue with a stock bumper? I see the bracket for the sensor as pictured above though I think my sensor is still inside the bumper. I still have my wrench light on and my adaptive cruise control doesn't work. Ford re-alinged the sensor but I'm not sure they re-calibrated the sensor. Is the reasoning why my cruise control doesn't work?

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue with a stock bumper? I see the bracket for the sensor as pictured above though I think my sensor is still inside the bumper. I still have my wrench light on and my adaptive cruise control doesn't work. Ford re-alinged the sensor but I'm not sure they re-calibrated the sensor. Is the reasoning why my cruise control doesn't work?

You bet. While doing some hard sand jumping I rolled my factory bumper down a little bit and just loosening the bumper to realign didn't do it. I ha to take it in to get it realigned--still with factory bumper.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea mine currently doesn't work after a nice impact. I took a new bracket from a discarded bumper and am going to try that soon. If not i'll need to order a new sensor but they are new in the 2019s and i can't find the part anywhere. Dealer was pretty useless