Fuel Storage Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Looking for some quality Jerry Can for TRR. A lot that I've been finding, the reviews say they leak. I definitely don't want that.

Thoughts on these NATO cans?
Amazon.com: Nato Jerry Gas Can 20L/5.28G Military Spec. Gasoline Jeep Hummer (RED) W/ Spout & Spare Gasket: Everything Else

I found it was $20 cheaper to buy two cans without the pour spout and just buy one spout separately.

I also found this, what do you think?
TERAPUMP TRHD05 2D Battery Operated Liquid, Gas, Water Transfer Pump w/ Easy handle : Amazon.com : Automotive

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking for some quality Jerry Can for TRR. A lot that I've been finding, the reviews say they leak. I definitely don't want that.

Thoughts on these NATO cans?

Amazon.com: Nato Jerry Gas Can 20L/5.28G Military Spec. Gasoline Jeep Hummer (RED) W/ Spout & Spare Gasket: Everything Else

I found it was $20 cheaper to buy two cans without the pour spout and just buy one spout separately.

I also found this, what do you think?

TERAPUMP TRHD05 2D Battery Operated Liquid, Gas, Water Transfer Pump w/ Easy handle : Amazon.com : Automotive

Those are junk. The spout is tiny and they leak when you pour. Spend the money and get some scepter mfc's if you can. They're illegal though.

I wish I was driving right now.

D

Deleted member 12951

Those are junk. The spout is tiny and they leak when you pour. Spend the money and get some scepter mfc's if you can. They're illegal though.

I wasn't going to pour out of them, hence why I was getting the pump. You got a link for the 5 gallon scepter that you can provide?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Spend the money and get some scepter mfc's if you can. They're illegal though.
The Scepters are definitely the way to go, if you can find them. My understanding was that they are no longer available new in the US, but you can own them and buy / sell them used (note: might be different in Kalifornia).

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

I wasn't going to pour out of them, hence why I was getting the pump. You got a link for the 5 gallon scepter that you can provide?
Unless you know of a group buy going on from someone who bought a lot of used ones, eBay is your best bet.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to buy mine through dstactical in Vancouver. If you're into road tripping go to canada.

D

Deleted member 12951

Maybe I should ask this, What 5 gallon container can I buy NEW today that does not leak when going off road? On the pour spout, I realize that is where most of the leak occurs, hence why I was thinking of going the siphon pump instead. Also isn't there an issue with some of these due to our capless fuel filler?

Sent using Tapatalk