Front Sensors do not seem to working while parking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

openspaces

Reaction score
So I’ve searched for this and i can’t seem to find an anewer.

New to me truck and while backing up there is a color change in the camera and audible beep when getting close.

Driving forward there is no color change or audible beep.

While driving it does change colors in the dash to show when I’m driving too close and adaptive cruise control works fine.

Anoyone have any ideas of the issue and/or solution? I plan to pull the bumper trim cover off to see if bracket looks messed up or otherwise visually off but not sure what to do from there. Also read the sensor may need to be retrained but not sure if that’s a good path to go down.

OP
OP
openspaces

openspaces

Reaction score
Normal. There are no front park aid sensors on Gen 2.
Ironically that would make me very happy. So the camera screen showing different contact points (similar to the rear) are just for show? If that’s true it’s stupid but better than being broke.

Do gen3 have them?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ironically that would make me very happy. So the camera screen showing different contact points (similar to the rear) are just for show? If that’s true it’s stupid but better than being broke.
There are no shaded areas on the front camera display; are you referring to the adaptive cruise screen in the instrument cluster? If so, that system is unrelated to the parking sensors or parking aid cameras.
Do gen3 have them?
I believe it’s available, maybe someone can confirm.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Gen 2 would give the corner warnings when entering and exiting my garage and at the drive thru car wash.

OP
OP
openspaces

openspaces

Reaction score
Referring to the upper left area of camera that has a vehicle emblem and varios “zones”. (Pic attached)

Regardless, it does seem like there are not front sensors which is good in that the truck is not broke. I guess I shouldn’t be that surprised based on a few other cost savings efforts on the truck.

Attachments

• 7CE7ADA8-52C4-4132-88A1-530E3CF5CAD7.jpeg
    7CE7ADA8-52C4-4132-88A1-530E3CF5CAD7.jpeg
    744.8 KB · Views: 9

MKivSupra

Reaction score
that is showing you which view the camera is in. in your pic it s just the front center camera view lit up. hit the camera button again and you will get front and front sides and all 3 front sectors will be lit up. it has nothing to do with the parking sensors