Front bumper skid plate damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most bumpers will improve approach angle but the ones that trim your frame horns will be a bigger improvement. I bought one that requires no cutting...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

5vduy4b5nh.jpg

You're right; you're not the first Raptor owner to dent in his skid plate (and you won't be the last).

I thought that skid plate looked familiar. It looked like that every time I came back from Silver Lake. The last time I bashed it in, I activated the safety-belt pre-tensioner also That was a $500 bill itself.

I've since gone to an ADD bumper but I have to agree with the RPG Raceline bumper. Best bet for improving approach angle if you don't mind trimming frame. WSI makes a good one too if I'm not mistaken. I know I'll regret not going that route but the ADD is a good solid bumper also.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on my second aftermarket bumper. Felt I'd shoot for the "bigger improvement" after beating the crap out of the first one.

… As long as you keep the potential for skid plate destruction in mind I'm sure you'll be okay with a non-cut frame bumper. However, the more damage mine sustained, the less I cared.

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 5th stock skid, i can't help that I keep buying take offs for 20 bucks a piece.