From Houston!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. You have to pay to play Raptor style LOL

Looks like your enjoying that truck. Have fun!

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome neighbor from College Station. When I had my gen1, my 3 favorite mods were the tune, Corsa Extreme catback, and the reflector delete on the mirrors.
Best thing to do is get out and enjoy it. But looks like you already doing that.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! How many miles? My '13 had 152k miles, a little over the 100k service mark (pretty much all fluids and all 16 spark plugs, yeah 16 of 'em; diffs, transfer case, coolant I think, etc.). I wound up doing all of those and brake fluid, transmission fluid/filter (manual says lifetime fill...yeah no), and power steering fluid. The P/S pump is prone to failure with too much lock-to-lock abuse so I just change the fluid in the reservoir with every engine oil change. The truck is essentially bulletproof but does need regular maintenance just like everything else. Check for recalls, there are only a couple but one is the "molded lead frame" in the transmission so could be worth doing along with fluid/filter change. Check and see if Fuse 27 is already done, if so there's no fuse in that slot in the fusebox under the hood, right front and center above the radiator. Check shocks for leaks, you can rebuild them yourself (like the Fuse 27 there are DIY threads here for, well, literally anything you could imagine for these trucks). Check frontend for clunks, balljoints and tie rods are wear items just like brake pads and rotors. Houston? Check for flood damage lol! Yes Raptor Tax on these things is for real haha!