Fred w/Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

Icon_Fred

Reaction score
Welcome, can provide some details on servicing bumps, what's the required oil fill level?

Great question about bumpstop servicing. If there are no visible oil leaks then you only need to check the nitrogen pressure. The nitrogen pressure should be at 100psi but can be changed to suit.

When rebuilding you want to make sure to use a graduated cylinder to accurately measure, the oil fill level is 100 mL.

Not advised to just add oil to compensate for leakage, due to over filling can damage the bump stop. If leaking is significant then rebuild and fill from scratch.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Welcome. What is the best setting for the icon's when going slow over steep rocky terrain?

Although this is a subjective question I would suggest you start with the front CDC on soft. The rear bypasses you put on standard settings: 4 turns (16clicks) on rebound and long comp, short comp open

Hope this helps

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Fred :) I am looking to get my Icons rebuilt. Do you guys come to east side frf events and do any rebuilding onsite? Like perhaps the upcoming havoc event?

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum @Icon_Fred I have been very happy with my front Icons. One of these days I will need to swap out my rear shocks.... Long Story....:mad:

My fronts are ready for a rebuild too, but they lasted longer than the OE ones, actually... I really need to get those rebuilt on back on the truck...

Glad to have you on board

OP
OP
I

Icon_Fred

Reaction score
I am not sure that we have any on our schedule for the remainder of this year but we are definitely looking to increase our participation in 2017. As far as having a tech on-site it is definitely doable but not something we have done at an event yet. I will discuss with Dylan and see if we can't make something like that happen for future events. Great question @Hockster

In the meantime you can go to our website and fill out the shock service form by clicking on Support in the upper right hand corner of the home page. Then send them in and we can perform a rebuild and put them back to brand new.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Thanks @MTUH3! If you want to get them rebuilt before your next event just fill out the shock service form on our website. Our rear RXT series shocks combined with our hydraulic bumpstops is a great set-up and will definitely improve uptravel over stock and the performance of the truck.

OP
OP
I

Icon_Fred

Reaction score
@bstoner59 thank you for supporting Icon! I appreciate your clever sarcasm and effort to promote Icon but please keep in mind there is always someone new entering our off-road family and they may not be aware of the various brands available let alone know which one performs better and why. I think most members on this forum understand and appreciate your enthusiasm for Icon (forum members – I promise we do not pay him for promoting Icon) but please keep in mind there are still lots of visitors that may read some of these threads and might actually believe you just don’t know.