Fox 3.0 settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please make sure to have all of your info ready when calling you.. Weights, Driving habits.. Tire size. 90% of the time, what do you want it to do? If you didn't buy them from us, what's been changed inside if anything..

858-437-3167 Please Text me before calling :)

Why would you only have 3 guns?

I would commend RPG coming out here to offer assistance! It is awesome to hear you to support the community even if it wasn't purchased from you.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree that it would be nice to have baseline settings like Icon provides for street, off-road and towing. Surprised fox publishes or recommends nothing...

Thank you RPG for any feedback you can add!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikepipe597

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides our initial settings there is no other guideline on how to adjust the shocks since everybody has a different need/want out of their suspension. The initial settings are what we found to be a good balance between street handling and off road performance.

If you choose to adjust the shocks here are descriptions of how the adjusters work. The orange knobs that face down are the compression adjusters. The black knobs are the rebound adjusters. All adjustments are done starting at fully closed which is all the way clockwise. On the compression tubes, the short compression mainly effects ride zone( this can change if you have changed the ride height with different leaf springs, load, etc.), the longer compression tube effects the bottom out resistance as well as ride zone (notice the tubes overlap each other a bit). The easiest way to adjust compression is to work with the long tube until desired bottom out resistance is achieved. Then adjust short tube to achieve desired ride comfort at ride height. Rebound is adjusted the same way as compression. The long rebound in this application is substituted with the cooler ports which act as a long rebound tube. It is important not to make the rebound too stiff because it will cause packing which will cause the wheel to not drop out fast enough which will make the truck feel harsh and may make you reduce compression stiffness to combat the ride harshness. This will drastically reduce off road performance. Rule of thumb on rebound is to have just enough rebound stiffness that the wheel is able to drop freely but the truck does not feel too loose.

thumbnail

Front DSC setting. High speed is large grey knob and low speed is smaller orange knob. High speed is adjusted from full open (full open is all the way counter clockwise) and low speed is adjusted from full closed (full closed is all the way clockwise).

High speed adjuster affects fast suspension movements, ie hitting a curb at 30 mph.

Low speed adjuster affects slow speed suspension movements, ie undulations on the freeway.

raw

Ride height is adjust by first measuring how high the truck sits stock by picking a reference point like sticking a piece of masking tape on the fender before installing the new coilovers. You will want to measure after the new coilovers are in so you know where you’re at. Most professional install shops will always do this on any coilover installation. Then ride height can be adjusted by loosening pinch bolt on preload ring (*note: do not over loosen pinch bolt or the preload ring can skip a thread while adjusting. We highly recommend using a spring compressor to relieve spring tension off the preload ring while adjusting). At this point you should know how much of an adjustment is needed. Motion ratio is approx. 2:1 (ie if you need ½” more ride height you would adjust preload ring towards the shaft end of the shock ¼”). Then retighten pinch bolt and recheck ride height.

Spanner wrench part# 803-00-734 can be helpful but we do recommend you take the spring tension off the preload ring with a spring compressor.

thumbnail

image2.png

image1.png

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Mike...

Please note that the settings I may want for the shocks could be very different then the settings you want. It’s all about you. You have made the investment into the shocks. I try to give the best recommendation based upon you.

I prefer for my suspension to be very soft. I want to drink my coffee while cruising in Baja. Let the suspension float. I don’t need to “Send It”. I gotta drive it home and to work on Monday.

I also run my tires very soft. 18 front and 16 rear. When going this low, you can’t make mistakes otherwise you will get a flat. But because your running lower air pressure, you have a lot more grip and will make less mistakes.

Although during SEMA we will stiffen the shocks up and “send it” 200 times in a day and then drive it home.

I will do my best to help each of you. Best thing to do is email us. [email protected]. So I or we can think about your specific needs / wants.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This setting full in and backing off from there is counter intuitive to my brain and opposite of the way I am used to setting up motorcycles. I generally start full open and then go in from there...trying to retrain my brain here. Weight of rider and weight of truck makes the greatest impact once that is dialed in its a few clicks in or out on the road. Off-road is another story.

Assuming it’s safer off-road to start full in....

Would it be a safe bet that if running a higher than stock ride height with Icon leafs rebound should be set more loose?

The info above helped a ton for the front.

Last edited:
OP
OP
waveslayer

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This setting full in and backing off from there is counter intuitive to my brain and opposite of the way I am used to setting up motorcycles. I generally start full open and then go in from there...trying to retrain my brain here.

Assuming it’s safer off-road to start full in....

Would it be a safe bet that if running a higher than stock ride height with Icon leafs rebound should be set more loose?

The info above helped a ton for the front.

If you Mountain bike a lot, like I do, you start just as Corey said. Fully closed and adjust from there. Many guys that MTB don't add enough rebound , thus creating packing and all sorts of over the handle bar experience .

And Yes RPG has earned my business! They always have!

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you Mountain bike a lot, like I do, you start just as Corey said. Fully closed and adjust from there. Many guys that MTB don't add enough rebound , thus creating packing and all sorts of over the handle bar experience .

And Yes RPG has earned my business! They always have!

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Wouldn’t adding too much rebound create packing?

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im trying to keep up on the requests.. Keep them coming...

Once again.. its about you.. not me.. Lets tune them for you.

Sharing the passion one truck (family) at a time.