Fox 3.0 settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
waveslayer

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RPG can you educate us on why you re-valve the suspension?

And some general tips on settings and what to look for?

I know driving style plays a lot, can you elaborate why you do what you do? You're the best and that's what we want

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@RPG can you educate us on why you re-valve the suspension?

And some general tips on settings and what to look for?

I know driving style plays a lot, can you elaborate why you do what you do? You're the best and that's what we want

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

The knowledge we have from shocks started out when I was 14 years old.. the guys at bilstein (now work at fox) showed me exactly this.... what does what and why... There were a few other teams that helped me out a lot with the fundamentals.. Example, Bob Gordon (Robby Gordon's dad) Showed me what Invernal bypass was. Fundamentally the same thing that's inside of the Fox IBP... I just started working on them 28 ish years ago.. Herbst with External Bypass.. As an example, we were welding on threaded bodies to our shocks to make "Coil Overs" We would have 7 shocks on 1 corver of the vehicle..... Therefore, I would commonly be rebuilding 18-20 shocks per vehicle every race... Please dont take this the wrong way, I by know means know everything.. most of my education has come from first hand tuning and figuring out what works / doesn't work....

Let me elaborate a little more on the importance of vehicle set up with an example... I was tuning a "Truggy" for Tim Scalzo and Ryan Arciero.. Both Drivers had very different driving habits.. Tim was very easy on corner entry and Ryan was very hard on corner entry.. Both drive hard in the whoops but for some reason, Ryan was able to push harder and go faster.. When I was riding with Ryan, I asked him how he could even see.. Objects were moving so fast.. Anyways, The vehicle setup for Ryan was Very different they what Tim wanted. Ryan wanted to finish First.. Tim first wanted to Finish.

fundamentally it works like this.. A shock absorbers fundamental objective is to convert energy of motion into thermal energy.. But you must remember, its a complete system that you must tune.. Tires, tire pressure, Size of Tire,,,,Control Arms, Coil & Leaf Springs, Vehicle weights,,,, Whats in the bed. So many variables... Shock Air Pressures..

Simply this.. If you throw poop at the wall, it may stick, but either way, it's still poop.

I would much rather give you an educated guess then tell you.. Here is a Off Road Tune.. Here is a Daily Driving Tune.. Here is a pile of poop to throw on the wall.. If you want to set it and forget it, simply take what Fox recommends and go for it.