Found a center console wireless charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like this a lot as well. It looks well made and easy to install. A few things I don't like about it though. First, it appears to fill up the entire space. Meaning that the LEDs are going to rather visible, and you would not be able use USB plugs or wireless charger with the cover closed. I wonder if a phone would easily slide off as well. Pictures are a little hard to judge. The other aspect is if using the cigarette light power cord as designed, the cord comes out the top and again, you can't close the cover.

Regarding tapping into a 12v source, I agree that this is probably pretty easy. I would think you can remove the front panel there (anyone with a PHX unit has probably done this several times) and access the wire for the cig lighter. Would you be able to splice in a way that you retain the cig lighter still? Not sure I even care about that. Perhaps a compromise option would be to just get a cig lighter extension cord and power it from the port on the back of the center console. That way, it's still fully plug and play, but a little bit more out of sight. I probably would get an extension cord anyway, so even if you opt to cut wires, you don't have to cut the original power cord.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Certain angles show it angled and down in the console. Not sure which is accurate