Forscan to add R Mode & Trail Turn Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

360North

Reaction score
Bump… @Antho

Can anyone confirm changes in Forscan enable “Trail Turn Assist” and if it actually works after Forscan changes (if you hit the button in Sync)?

If so…can you advise of the changes needed in Forscan (default values vs modified values, etc.)??

My thoughts being that with winter upon us (and potentially some major snowstorms, etc.) some owners might like to make use of it.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump… @Antho

Can anyone confirm changes in Forscan enable “Trail Turn Assist” and if it actually works after Forscan changes (if you hit the button in Sync)?

If so…can you advise of the changes needed in Forscan (default values vs modified values, etc.)??

My thoughts being that with winter upon us (and potentially some major snowstorms, etc.) some owners might like to make use of it.
If @Antho changed it, you bet your ass it works! Lol

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump… @Antho

These are the changes...they're on page 9, the last page. Yes it does work. The modules are listed... APIM and ABS modules

TRAIL TURNAPIM7D0-02-01xxx7xxxxxxxxTRAIL TURN ASSIST
TRAIL TURNABS760-03-01xxx1TRAIL TURN ASSIST

BILLYOSHUN408

Reaction score
I can take some. Just looks like a 2022 IPC. I can share the forscan changes and you can try but i'm not certain it will. If the below changes do not work then you would have to update files on a few modules that are from a 2022 build. So they arent exactly easily accessible and take about 7 hours overall to update. Honestly if the changes below dont work, I would revert all back and not mess with it anymore. The risk of bricking modules isnt exactly worth a button.

716-02-01 xxxC xxxx xxxx (if default is 0, change to 8) (if default is 1, change to 9) (if default is 2, change to A) (if default is 3, change to B) (if default is 4, change to C) (if default is 5, change to D)
716-48-01 1515 0128 1Exx Enables Saving My Mode
720-11-02 8xxxx xxxx xxxx MyMode Enabled
724-03-01 x4xx xxxx xxxx LH Switch Config
760-04-06 xx01 xxxx xxxx 00 =MyMode Disabled 01=MyMode Enab

I had performed procedure and everything seemed all good until it was time to tap r button twice. It wanted to load but does not. I do work for Ford I have access to the MY22 as built data. My question is how do I use the as built data with FORScan to update the modules with the MY22 firmware?

BILLYOSHUN408

Reaction score
As far as I know, unless ford updated the MY21 firmware to have the code changes required to make the forscan changes work. The only way to enable the R button is by flashing some of the control modules to MY22 firmware.

@Antho any update on your end? It’s been a while and I haven’t made much progress other than flashing to MY22.

As to the trail turn assist, I am assuming the would also require a firmware flash but I don’t know much about that feature.
how do you install the my22 firmware? I have the as built data for a my22 but how do i install the software using forscan 2.4.x? I am trying to install my mode. switch is in just want to update those modules. I had tried the changing the as built values only issue it wont load my mode that i save. I want to update with my22 firmware but just how?

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do you install the my22 firmware? I have the as built data for a my22 but how do i install the software using forscan 2.4.x? I am trying to install my mode. switch is in just want to update those modules. I had tried the changing the as built values only issue it wont load my mode that i save. I want to update with my22 firmware but just how?

This may not be exactly what you're after but I'm too lazy to do further work for you

BILLYOSHUN408

Reaction score
This may not be exactly what you're after but I'm too lazy to do further work for you

. Thanks. I been searching on forscan as well, I did see that post, I work for a dealer I can get the my22 firmware but cant use fdrs. I am just trying to figure out how to flash recommended modules with the my22 firmware with forscan. I am using the forscan 2.4.x with vcmIII. When I connect my truck 2021 it reads that vin and when I update the rec modules I assume it's just firmware for my truck vin so it will be my21 firmware. Just trying to figure out how to update recommend modules with my22 firmware. If anybody knows let me know thank you and will be still searching

Last edited:

twiss

Reaction score
Would like to know about headlight switch. I put it on the zero off position. As soon as I open and close the door again it goes right back to auto lights. How do you keep the lights off permanently on the off position. Until I put the light switch on auto. So when working on vehicle your lights are not on when you open and close the door. Or next time you start your vehicle and you want the lights to be off. On my 2016 F-150 limited if I put the headlights on off they would stay off until I move the switch to auto or on.

dhbrownphoto

Reaction score
These are the changes...they're on page 9, the last page. Yes it does work. The modules are listed... APIM and ABS modules

TRAIL TURNAPIM7D0-02-01xxx7xxxxxxxxTRAIL TURN ASSIST
TRAIL TURNABS760-03-01xxx1TRAIL TURN ASSIST

I did this. It showed up in Sync, I hit the button and got this error:

“This setting isn’t available right now. Please try again later.”

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 16