Ford's Jim Farley is probably upsetting dealers, it's about time and I'm ok with that

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Idk what to think. On one hand , demand should dictate price. Capitalism. On the other, I would have 30k more in the bank if Ford sold the R model directly to me. I so didn't know there were laws against selling out of state. If Tesla can do it so should Ford.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Idk what to think. On one hand , demand should dictate price. Capitalism. On the other, I would have 30k more in the bank if Ford sold the R model directly to me. I so didn't know there were laws against selling out of state. If Tesla can do it so should Ford.
Bought my dad a Tesla earlier this year. Downloaded the app. Took me 20 min. Delivery confirmation email the next morning. Only way for Ford to bypass the state laws the way Tesla did is to develop FordPass or similar to incorporate everything from choosing your vehicle to financing and checking out. These dealers can go pound sand with their phone calls about Gen 3’s that have arrived. So I should trade in my Gen 2 and put the equity towards an $85k Raptor you are selling for $105k? Riiiiight

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Getting to be like cell phones. What's Apple up to now? iPhone 37? Don't know, don't care. Not paying that much for an iPhone. I've had 18 Apple computers, NEVER an iPhone. The second you get one the new one just gets announced or is coming soon. Take a $700 loss to "upgrade" to the latest &@$%%#*! :banghead:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mixed just like you are. I believe in capitalism, making money etc. But I can’t help feeling taken advantage of either.

We factory ordered a Bronco in Dec 2021 and it hasn’t been serialized yet - more than likely it’s gonna be a 23.

Wife is frustrated and I said just keep your factory order and get another one in the meantime. Trade either in when the factory order comes in.

We found one at a dealer but they want $5k over. Our factory order is the same price but has more options.

So what do I do? Pay over or just wait?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I mixed just like you are. I believe in capitalism, making money etc. But I can’t help feeling taken advantage of either.

We factory ordered a Bronco in Dec 2021 and it hasn’t been serialized yet - more than likely it’s gonna be a 23.

Wife is frustrated and I said just keep your factory order and get another one in the meantime. Trade either in when the factory order comes in.

We found one at a dealer but they want $5k over. Our factory order is the same price but has more options.

So what do I do? Pay over or just wait?

Pay the 5k then receive the ordered bronco and flip it. Win. Or just sell the 5k bronco when the new one comes in. Or even trade it in on the new one.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, don’t be fooled into thinking Ford wants to help the customers.

Ford isn’t looking to help consumers, they’re trying to help their dealers by targeting those who buy and resell at a big profit. Those “brokers” are taking big money from the Ford dealers and that’s all Ford is concerned about. They (Ford & GM) have so many problems with their sold vehicles that they would crash and burn without dealers to cover their asses via warranty.

A real shop would **** Ford in labor costs, so they pay their dealers (and techs) a set amount of hours for every repair. That allows them to stay on top of their costs.

The dealers have contracts with them (Ford & GM) for their size and market. If Ford decided to limit their vehicles there would be a shit storm of legal challenges.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting to be like cell phones. What's Apple up to now? iPhone 37? Don't know, don't care. Not paying that much for an iPhone. I've had 18 Apple computers, NEVER an iPhone. The second you get one the new one just gets announced or is coming soon. Take a $700 loss to "upgrade" to the latest &@$%%#*! :banghead:
I believe Volvo or some similar manufacturer tried this. Don’t quote me on it. But, I have a feeling it will slowly turn that way. New types of lease and buy deals with options to build brand loyalty by offering ‘upgrade’ deals. More money for the manufacturer as well, less wear and tear and higher values.