Ford Sync Said to Drop Microsoft in Switch to BlackBerry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the single screen with your odometer and NAV in one.
I like checking all my gauges constantly and would not like to have to switch back and forth to see things.
Keeping the dual screens and converting to this system might be good.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
Say what you want about Blackberry but their new products based on QNX function and perform great. In the case of their phones, OS10.2 shares very little with the older OS7 and below software. Even there hardware has taken a great leap forward. Unfortunately their reputation is preventing their re-emergence in the US. I think this could be a great arrangement for both Ford and Blackberry.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford would never incorporate a dash like the Audi's into one of their trucks. It would cost too much.

Of course it would be nice to have a programable LED dash to allow the consumer to customize his/her dash to suit their need.

Reaction score
Ford would never incorporate a dash like the Audi's into one of their trucks. It would cost too much.

Of course it would be nice to have a programable LED dash to allow the consumer to customize his/her dash to suit their need.

If the system from RIM is overall cheaper, and more reliable, wouldn't that mean they could add a dash similar to the Audi's (not as advanced, but similar), and still be close to the same price point as the current system?

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aw crap...Obamagod uses blackberry... now he'll be listening in/spying on all of you... No, not me, I have the old system.......:evillol::evillol: