Ford Split Happening!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UAW isn't going to let that happen and they have the power to make it stick.

That's not going away. Nor are the state laws.

EV business is separate only when it comes to the financials - the business unit will be reported separately. It's not a different company. It's all make believe. Bullcrap that adds no value. If I owned Ford stock, which I don't because of the share structure, I would sell it.

We'll see if EVs stay that profitable. My guess is that when everyone and his uncle gets into the business the competition will bring margins down. It also comes down to what our government does, regulation wise. I'm not optimistic that it will be anything good. Once the environmental disaster of battery pack disposal bites them on the ass, I predict that they'll push the costs onto the manufacturers. But that's just a guess. Hopefully someone smart figures out how to recycle them.
You're old school and obviously very resistant to change, which is absolutely fine but things are changing, either you embrace change or get left behind. Ford stock is up 167% since he took over as CEO, so I will happily continue to hold the shares I own and watch my investment increase over time, maybe you should buy some and recoup some money back from them that you have spent on buying Ford products over the years. Ford stock has paid for the down payment on my Raptor LOL, thank you very much Mr. Farley!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the math on EVs being more profitable than ICE. If we're talking about the cost of material and labor to make an individual vehicle, I could see that. Obviously, it takes more than that to develop and sell vehicles. And the volume in which you can sell them makes a difference too.

From the article I posted above...

Michael Ramsey, vice president of automotive at Gartner, noted that Ford risks creating an internal imbalance, in which the Ford Blue employees are forced to watch as the profits from their work are plowed into the less profitable, more cost-intensive Ford Model E side of the business.
Mr. Ramsey sounds like an analyst which essentially equates him to an economist, and their forecasting accuracy is about as accurate as a blind man at a gun range. I prefer to listen to those behind the actual wheel than those who like to prognosticate from the bench. In the end, we will see what happens in the future.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UAW isn't going to let that happen and they have the power to make it stick.

That's not going away. Nor are the state laws.

EV business is separate only when it comes to the financials - the business unit will be reported separately. It's not a different company. It's all make believe. Bullcrap that adds no value. If I owned Ford stock, which I don't because of the share structure, I would sell it.

We'll see if EVs stay that profitable. My guess is that when everyone and his uncle gets into the business the competition will bring margins down. It also comes down to what our government does, regulation wise. I'm not optimistic that it will be anything good. Once the environmental disaster of battery pack disposal bites them on the ass, I predict that they'll push the costs onto the manufacturers. But that's just a guess. Hopefully someone smart figures out how to recycle them.
I also empathize with your cynicism but if we continue with the current norms we will end up in the toilet as a human race. Change is good, but it can also be bad just depends on which path we take.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're old school and obviously very resistant to change, which is absolutely fine but things are changing, either you embrace change or get left behind.

I'd be curious to here why and how you think Ford will be able to produce EVs without union workers. Also curious to hear how you think Ford will be able to bypass dealerships and sell direct to consumers.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but I haven't heard any actual reasons to suggest that these changes will happen. I don't think there's any disagreement about these changes being better, just want to hear why they will happen.

Mr. Ramsey sounds like an analyst which essentially equates him to an economist, and their forecasting accuracy is about as accurate as a blind man at a gun range. I prefer to listen to those behind the actual wheel than those who like to prognosticate from the bench. In the end, we will see what happens in the future.

This isn't about forecasting the future. It's not a question of whether EVs will be more profitable in the future, but whether they are right now. You claimed that EVs are (which usually means 'right now') more profitable than ICE. If you have some stats from someone inside or outside of Ford, then you'll have proved your point.

In terms of forecasting, I don't think it really matters which type of vehicle is more profitable (on a per vehicle basis). Ford is going to make the vehicles that the market wants that makes the company profitable as a whole. Or at least they should do that.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also empathize with your cynicism but if we continue with the current norms we will end up in the toilet as a human race. Change is good, but it can also be bad just depends on which path we take.
Stop with the emotional nonsense. Bring up some logical reasons why you think those who disagree with you are wrong. if you can't do that, at least have some respect for a thoughtful opinion.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Michael Ramsey, vice president of automotive at Gartner, noted that Ford risks creating an internal imbalance, in which the Ford Blue employees are forced to watch as the profits from their work are plowed into the less profitable, more cost-intensive Ford Model E side of the business.

Talk about a tough prediction. This describes pretty much every large company, ever.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to here why and how you think Ford will be able to produce EVs without union workers. Also curious to hear how you think Ford will be able to bypass dealerships and sell direct to consumers.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but I haven't heard any actual reasons to suggest that these changes will happen. I don't think there's any disagreement about these changes being better, just want to hear why they will happen.

This isn't about forecasting the future. It's not a question of whether EVs will be more profitable in the future, but whether they are right now. You claimed that EVs are (which usually means 'right now') more profitable than ICE. If you have some stats from someone inside or outside of Ford, then you'll have proved your point.

In terms of forecasting, I don't think it really matters which type of vehicle is more profitable (on a per vehicle basis). Ford is going to make the vehicles that the market wants that makes the company profitable as a whole. Or at least they should do that.
One word, TESLA, is doing it just fine without union workers.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop with the emotional nonsense. Bring up some logical reasons why you think those who disagree with you are wrong. if you can't do that, at least have some respect for a thoughtful opinion.
I leave emotion at the door my friend so come up with something else because you are obviously getting frustrated with my responses, on that note I am done with this discussion because I refuse to waste my time on nonsense responses like this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter