Ford Split Happening!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't really sound like it's that much of a split Looks it's more about being able to present numbers specifically for EV operations so that climate change investors can get excited.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really sound like it's that much of a split Looks it's more about being able to present numbers specifically for EV operations so that climate change investors can get excited.
What do we call it then? It's so Ford can breakout a more profitable business to Wall Street and they can try to get a higher valuation somewhat similar to Tesla. It gives investors more visibility into the different business units and how profitable they are on a stand-alone basis. Ford's stock is currently up ~3.5% in the pre-markets on the news.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So F-150s that are gas and diesel powered will be under one division of Ford, and electric F-150s that come off the same assembly line will be under another division? That would be inefficient, but so would having two separate assembly plants for F-150s.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So F-150s that are gas and diesel powered will be under one division of Ford, and electric F-150s that come off the same assembly line will be under another division? That would be inefficient, but so would having two separate assembly plants for F-150s.
They're splitting out the financials in hope of a higher market valuation and bigger bonuses. Typical corporate waste of time and money in pursuit of personal gain. Henry is probably turning in his grave.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do we call it then? It's so Ford can breakout a more profitable business to Wall Street and they can try to get a higher valuation somewhat similar to Tesla. It gives investors more visibility into the different business units and how profitable they are on a stand-alone basis. Ford's stock is currently up ~3.5% in the pre-markets on the news.

Call it a split, sure, but your excitement about it (which is what I assume the exclamation point is for) makes on thing that it's a big deal. Something that will have an impact on customers.

The EVs are still going to be called for Ford, not Lincolns or some other brand naem. You'll still buy your EVs at the Ford dealership. So on and so forth.

They're splitting out the financials in hope of a higher market valuation and bigger bonuses. Typical corporate waste of time and money in pursuit of personal gain. Henry is probably turning in his grave.

You think so? There are a ton of investors out there that what to invest in EV or other 'climate conscious' business only. There even funds set up for that specific purpose. Yes, it's a stupid game, but I don't think Henry would mind playing the game so that Tesla and other competitors don't have an advantage over you. Then again, I never really knew the guy.

OP
OP
RaptorWhoSaysNI

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call it a split, sure, but your excitement about it (which is what I assume the exclamation point is for) makes on thing that it's a big deal. Something that will have an impact on customers.

The EVs are still going to be called for Ford, not Lincolns or some other brand naem. You'll still buy your EVs at the Ford dealership. So on and so forth.

You think so? There are a ton of investors out there that what to invest in EV or other 'climate conscious' business only. There even funds set up for that specific purpose. Yes, it's a stupid game, but I don't think Henry would mind playing the game so that Tesla and other competitors don't have an advantage over you. Then again, I never really knew the guy.
I own shares, so yes it directly impacts me. It's a big deal for those who care, guess you don't LOL. Thanks for letting me know that.